Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Accommodation idea? 2011/10/1 13:46
I'm interested in coming to Japan sometime in the future for a couple of weeks or maybe a month. Would it be a good idea to post a classified offering help around the house (cleaning, cooking, errands, etc.) in exchange for room and board? Would a Japanese family be comfortable with that (after extended and constant contact through e-mail, letters and/or Skype, of course)? I know it seems like a strange thing to consider, but I really want to travel to Japan, but at the moment can only afford to save for the plane ticket and souvenir/maybe the rare eating in a restaurant money and the passport fee.
by artycollegegirl12  

Re: Accommodation idea? 2011/10/2 12:58
I believe that your travel experience would be more rewarding if you saved enough for at least for shared accommodation (room) in a guest house or a hostel. You cannot expect to travel if you commit yourself to housework in someone's home. Or, if you really need free accommodation, look at "couchsurfing."
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Accommodation idea? 2011/10/3 12:38
You can work part-time at many hostels throughout Japan for free board.

Look up the JHoppers and Khaosan hostel chains.
by PaleShadow rate this post as useful

Re: Accommodation idea? 2011/10/17 15:55
Have you tried the couch surfing website? You can get free room in that case at least.
by MN (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread