Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Where to buy J audiobooks in Japan? 2011/10/5 07:22
Hi everyone, I was just wondering where to buy audiobooks in Japan - do bookshops sell them? I'm not sure how popular audiobooks are in Japan so perhaps they're only available online?

When I lived in Japan I never checked for them in stores but now my dad is over there for a few weeks and I would love to know if there were places for him to buy audiobooks. Also does anyone know how much they are?

Specifically I'm looking for anything by Banana Yoshimoto, or anything that uses standard Japanese (ie. not filled with slang etc.), any recommendations would be appreciated!

But yes, my main question is where I can get them - are there actual shops that sell them or are they too niche?

Thanks
by Liz (guest)  

Re: Where to buy J audiobooks in Japan? 2011/10/5 16:32
Liz,

Japanese audiobooks aren't as widely released as English ones, but they do exist and it is indeed possible to purchase them through book shops as well as CD shops.

However, I really have to say that book shops, even the major ones, carry very few stock of anything, even paper versions of books. For a lot of the releases, we need to ask the clerk to have them ordered to the publishing company, then it may take a while until it reaches the shop.

But you can always try. Following is just an example of audiobooks available in Japanese.
http://www.febe.jp/
by Uco (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread