Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Xmas dinner - restaurants in Osaka 2011/10/5 07:51
As per header, does anyone and especially to those that live in Osaka, know of any good restaurants that have a good romantic atmosphere that could cater to an Xmas dinner (24 Dec) for me and my j-girl?

Your recommendations are appreciated.

Thanks

Mr M/H
by muramurashimasu (guest)  

Re: Xmas dinner - restaurants in Osaka 2011/10/5 15:53
You might want to write to your country consulate in Osaka or the Japan embassy in your country..
Japan is not a Christian country so not too many restaurants would cook a traditional Christmas dinner!
As it is a Christmas dinner is not the same in the USA and in various European countries..
In some of them that meal take place after the midnight mass, on the early hours of December 26.
by Red frog (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Xmas dinner - restaurants in Osaka 2011/10/5 17:22
dude u totally missed the point of the OP. -_-
by LOL (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Xmas dinner - restaurants in Osaka 2011/10/6 12:42
KFC--Most International Hotels have Christmas Meals.
by Pete (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Xmas dinner - restaurants in Osaka 2011/10/6 12:50
like what LOL said, I think Pete missed the point too.

Because Xmas is deemed a couples day in Japan, many, if not all have a Xmas eve dinner menu and theme or event on in their restaurants and I think the OP is asking about if anyone knew of some nice restaurants around Osaka with a good atmosphere, interior and food.

OP - try Kobe Kitano Hotel or the Club Kitano Restaurant...yes both in Kobe but very excellent French style cuisine...definitely a hit with romantic dates on a special day for Dec24.
by omg u guys... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Xmas dinner - restaurants in Osaka 2011/10/6 13:15
Well excuse me!! New Year's Eve is a somewhat romantic time but Christmas???? yikes!
by Red frog (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Xmas dinner - restaurants in Osaka 2011/10/6 13:45
Well considering this is a forum about Japan, we should pay attention to the local custom. Japan is opposite of other countries. Christmas= couples holiday, New Year's= family holiday.

by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Xmas dinner - restaurants in Osaka 2011/10/7 12:56
There is a couple of great Brazilian BBQ places in Shinsaibashi that have a special menu usually and romantic music. They even do Christmas Carols in Portuguese. Great time for me and my GF.
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread