Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Nagoya subway prices? 2011/10/5 09:09
Hi! Ill be going to Nagoya (specifically Kasugai) for a year for school, and Im wanting to know how much I should be spending per month on subway tickets. I would like to get a pass, but I dont know how much that would cost. How much about do you think I should be spending per month on subway tickets/pass? I was thinking around $200, just to commute to and from school, what do you think? Too little, too much? Thanks for your replies!
by Jade Minor (guest)  

Re: Nagoya subway prices? 2011/10/5 11:12
The price depends on the route you will be traveling. You can look up ticket prices and commuter ticket prices here:
http://www.hyperdia.com/

The commuter ticket prices shown are for non-students. If you are a student, you can get a further discount of typically around 20-60 percent depending on whether you go to university, high school or junior high school.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Nagoya subway prices? 2011/10/5 11:16
Thank you for your answer. I dont exactly know where I would be travelling from.. How much would a student commutor pass cost for 6 months approximately?
by Jade Minor (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Nagoya subway prices? 2011/10/5 11:38
It is easy to find if you know on/off stations.
Make sure to ask if you qualify for a student pass or not because of big pass fare differences.
I.e. Nagoya to Kasugai one way is 840yen normal ticket, 7,080yen monthly student pass or 22,390yen monthly commute pass.
For 6 months, 38,240yen for student & 120,910yen commuter.
by amazinga (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Nagoya subway prices? 2011/10/5 12:33
What is the difference between a Student Pass and a Commuter Pass?
by Jade Minor (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Nagoya subway prices? 2011/10/5 12:37
A student pass is a commuter pass for students.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Nagoya subway prices? 2011/10/5 15:17
Trains and subway passes in Japan are destination specific. Instead of buying a pass from Zone 1, zone 2 etc. as in London, Paris etc. (zone 1 is a circle in the centre of the town. Zone 2 is a ring just outside zone 1 etc.) in Japan you buy a pass from a station near your home to a station near your school.

You may have a choice of routes between the 2 points, depending on the size of the subway system. Or even a choice of a bus or train line from your home to a subway station etc.

Hence the need to know exactly which transit systems and which stations on these systems are involved.
by Monkey see (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread