Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Birthday gift japanese girl 2011/10/8 23:28
Im having daily contact with a japanese girl. I'll be visiting and staying at her house around new year. Now she is turning 18 soon and I want to send her some gifts. But im not sure what to send. Since the package can be 2 kg i can send quite a lot.
Would special candy/cookies from my country be ok? And maybe add something funny or 'kawaii'?

Can anyone tell me what would be normal for a japanese birthday to send? ^^ I'm a boy btw.
by Helloo029 (guest)  

Re: Birthday gift japanese girl 2011/10/9 19:11
Food that is native to your country is always a good idea for a gift. (Of course, make sure it is a food item that won't melt or go rotten during the trip. Sometimes parcels can take up to a month to get to an overseas country).

Also, anything that is from your home country that cannot be easily bought in Japan is appreciated. CDs are always good because they can be played in any region, and many Japanese people (particularly girls) love listening to foreign music.

Things like keyrings, phone accessories, "Junk" jewellery, mugs, or small stuffed animals are very popular choices. Especially if they are somehow relevant to your culture (e.g. if you're an Australian, buy a stuffed koala plushie. If you're Scottish, buy a small plushie in a kilt, etc).
by Ami (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread