Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Australian food 2011/10/18 22:10
Hi everyone,
My brother is currently living in Japan and his birthday is fast approaching. He's originally from Australia and I thought it would be nice to send him some Australian foods to give him a taste of home. I've looked into it and there don't seem to be any Japanese stores/websites selling Australian food and postage is looking really expensive (I'm a student!).

I was wondering if anyone knows of stores in Japan that sell Australian goods (namely Tim Tams, a type of chocolate biscuit). Thanks for your help!
by James (guest)  

Re: Australian food 2011/10/20 09:40
You can get tim tams in the foreign food stores in Japan, and also in some big supermarkets and novelty shops. They are about double the price of back home though, unless you can get them on sale. I know postage is ridiculous to send from Oz, but I'm wondering how you were gunna get them from the Japanese store to your bro?
by mollii (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Australian food 2011/10/20 13:37
yeah, I've seen timtams sold in Japan in supermarkets but only the original ones and they were like $5 Australian.

And I think places like sonyplaza where they sell things from overseas.

The online store rakuten would be a good place to check out too (esp from Australia).

Other than that airmail a package, you'll be able to have more choices I suppose.
by peaches (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Australian food 2011/10/21 12:59
I've bought Tim Tams from Don Qixote's, so they should be easy to find. They were around 350yen a packet.

I've seen vegemite in some foreign food stores (e.g. the one at Shin Yokohama station)
by Sandy (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Australian food 2011/10/25 10:22
Buy it in Australia!

You can get a huge variety of stuff which will be better than boring ol' Tim Tams.

Then send it Sea Mail. It will be a lot cheaper.

He will get the package after his birthday but it will be a nice surprise still. Especially if you choose cool gifts to put in it!
by Mon (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Australian food 2011/10/25 21:31
Unfortunately there's no sea mail from Oz to Japan, only in the opposite direction!
by Molly (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Australian food 2011/10/26 19:57
Thank you so much for the responses everyone! I'm going to look into those places to see if I can get him some sent over to him :)
by James (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Australian food 2011/10/28 12:32
@ Molly

I never knew that!

I wonder why?

Obviously boats go there to take stuff....why can't they take stuff back too?!
by Mon (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Australian food 2011/10/29 13:38
Yea I know! Seems silly huh! I have no idea why!
by Molly (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread