Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Anime goods that arent 1 piece 2011/10/18 22:57
Hi
Me and my partner are in Tokyo (staying for another 2 weeks) and we came here hoping to find lots of Naruto, Dragon ball z, Bleach goods (figures/statues mainly) but once getting here it seems like everything is One Piece.
We aren't big fans of One Piece so it was a little disappointing to find mainly only One Piece items in every anime/toy store we went into.
We've found a few items from the animes we like but it's basically the same 10 small items (if lucky) in each store.
We've gone to a few Mandrakes and animates and Jumpshop (etc) and lots of stores in Akihabara.
My questions is if anyone knows of a place that may sell more items relating to the following animes we like:
Bleach
Dragon ball
Naruto
Hellsing
Fruits Basket
Fullmetal Alchemist
Ouran High School Host club
School Rumble
Ranma 1/2
InuYasha
Berserk
Sailor Moon
Yu gi oh
Deathnote
Black Butler
(can't think of any more off the top of my head)
Also Marvel stuff (spiderman, wolverine, x-men, Fantastic Four, iron man etc)

I know it's a difficult question but we would appreciate any help we can get

We are going to try writting the names of the anime in Japanese and try asking them with it.

by Kristen (guest)  

Re: Anime goods that arent 1 piece 2011/10/20 15:49
Have you tried Nakano Broadway? They have anime/character shops upstairs, but I don't know what specific stock they have.
by Sal1980 rate this post as useful

Re: Anime goods that arent 1 piece 2011/10/21 07:16
You say you've tried Animate...but have you tried the flagship store near Sunshine City in Ikebukuro?

There are floors and floors of stuff and it def. wasn't all one piece.

good luck...
by Jojo (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Anime goods that arent 1 piece 2011/10/21 13:36
Hard Off has tons of anime figures, goods, etc, and they are cheaper. You can find lots of cool anime goods there.

Nakano broadway has a lot of stuff but it is more collectables and rare goods, and I think much more expensive, but I went there like 6 years ago. I remember it was huge though, and they had tons of stuff. I think all of the animate stores carry pretty much the same stock.
by lilu (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Anime goods that arent 1 piece 2011/10/21 16:48
A lot of the titles you're looking for are old or not popular at the moment, so there won't be many goods in animate. Mandarake would be the best bet since it deals with used goods, but you will have to hunt since the store can be confusing. If you're just looking for figures though I'm surprised you didn't find some in Akiba in the used goods shop- if you can speak a little Japanese, try asking the store clerks for what you are looking for. They know what they have and can probably find it in the piles of other goods.
by vita (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Anime goods that arent 1 piece 2011/10/21 17:05
Perhaps this is too obvious but did you go to Yodobashi Akiba? They have a huge collection of anime figures. Yodobashi always seems to have a large collection of those very commercial anime goods.

One Piece is so popular in Japan now that virtually every major food/travel chain has some type of tie-in at one time or another, which in turn leads to an even bigger fan base so it's not surprising that One Piece goods dominate the shelves.

Marvel has never been particularly popular in Japan so again you'd be better off looking at Yodobashi or a Toys R Us if you can find one. Though not as popular, they sometimes release limited edition figures here in Japan that never go on sale in the US so it could be worth it to look around.
by kyototrans rate this post as useful

reply to this thread