Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

first time buying eyeglasses (sapporo) 2011/10/25 17:45
Hi. I want some advice in buying eyeglasses here in Sapporo. This is actually my first time to use sunglasses. Here are my questions:

1. Is a prescription from an eye doctor required?
2. If it is OK even without a prescription, will they give me whatever eye/vision measurements they have made?

Thanks in advance
by lou00  

Re: first time buying eyeglasses (sapporo) 2011/10/27 09:15
lou00,

You don't have to visit the doctor or pharmacy to make eyeglasses or sunglasses. There usually is an optician at the eyeglasses store, and they will do a quick check on your eyesight on the spot. Quite a lot of talking is required, though. They let you look into a tool and ask you if a certain image looks clear or blured or bright or dark or what not in a very precise way.

So if you need to buy glasses to adjust your bad eyesight for the very first time, perhaps it's better to try to find a "good" store that can communicate in the same language rather than to go to one of those fancy shops that sell discount glasses.

Hope you find a nice pair O-O
by Uco (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread