Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Seven-Eleven Return Policy (not food) 2011/10/26 19:49
I accidentally bought a FM transmitter for my car without realizing that my car only has AM channels. (The stations don't come in well at all where I am so I haven't paid a lot of attention to my radio.) I have the original packaging and the receipt - no shrinkwrap so it can easily be replaced in the packaging. Is this possible to do? What's a good way to explain this to the staff?

Thanks for any suggestions :)
by brpple (guest)  

Re: Seven-Eleven Return Policy (not food) 2011/10/26 22:08
brpple,

Since this mistake was yours and not the store's, I can't assure you that they will let you return it, but quite often stores in general are generous about these things. It's worth a try, especially if it's within a week after you've bought it. Go to the store, preferably when the manager is there, and say,

"Sumimasen, henpin o onegai dekimasennka?
Jibun no kaa-sute wa AM shika jushin shinain desuga
sono koto ni kizukazuni katteshimaimashita."
(Excuse me, could you let me return this?
My car stereo only receives AM but
I didn't realize that when I accidentally bought this.)

By the way, there is a chance that the storekeeper will refuse "refunds (henkin)" but will accept you "make another purchase instead (hoka no seihin to koukan)."
by Uco (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread