Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Starting a band in Japan 2011/10/29 16:06
I've done the whole thing with "paying to play" in japan where we pretty much go to an arena and pay the owner then promote and sell tickets on our own, but are there any rules against street performing or anything like that? Because frankly paying to play over and over is a bit of a waste of money and being university students our income isn't that great at all.
by Saya.Lii (guest)  

Re: Starting a band in Japan 2011/10/30 10:36
If general, unauthorized street performances are illegal and each city will have it's own rules regarding street performance.

If you want to make sure you don't have any trouble, especially if you intend to sell CDs, etc., you should stop by the Koban or police department covering the area in which you intend to perform.

by kyototrans rate this post as useful

Starting a band in Japan as uni students 2011/10/30 15:21
Saya.Lii,

If you are university students, don't you have contact with in-school musical circles? They ought to know all about how it works.

Either way, the most reasonable way for uni students to perform is to play at university festivals and this is the right season to be booked.

By the way, most universities have circles that welcome students from other schools.
by Uco (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Starting a band in Japan 2011/10/30 21:52
@ kyototrans: Thank you! Yeah I think its best to check around the police stations for the individual rules =/ , I asked my friend and he said its find as long as we don't obstruct any traffic or cause any major problems or do illegal activities within out performance. Thanks for your help!!!

@ Uco: They don't really play our specific style =/ There is one but they're always returning back to nagoya.

University festivals or community events? or maybe a school bunkasai or something?
Thanks! I'll look around!

Thank you both so much for your help!
by Saya.Lii (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread