Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Karaoke question 2011/11/7 19:08
So I've been to a Karaoke place near my school in Yotsuya a few times. One time that I went, the room and karaoke system seemed a lot newer than the last time, and when I looked through the songs, they had a lot of songs that I knew that they didn't have before. Since some of them are pretty hard, I spent quite a bit of my free time practicing them so that I could sing them the next time that I went... Then of course I was placed in a room that had the older system that didn't have the songs I spent all that time practicing. Does it normally vary by room? Did I get lucky the one time, or was I just unlucky the other times? Is there a way to request a room with the newer system? Or, do you know of any karaoke places in the Yotsuya-ish area that have more new systems?
by MoodyMisterGemini (guest)  

Re: Karaoke question 2011/11/8 12:01
There are several Karaoke machine makers (DAM, joysound, etc.) and each has a slightly different library of songs. Most of the larger karaoke places provide a variety of machines that you can choose from when reserving your room.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Karaoke question 2011/11/8 15:52
Thanks for your answer! I didn't know that the same place would have several different types of machines, I feel kind of dumb now, haha. I've never been able to choose when I went in, maybe because I didn't reserve it beforehand? I always just kind of go in whenever I feel like doing it. Do you think I would still be able to pick one if I go in without a reservation? Or is is standard to just get stuck with whatever you get in that case?
by MoodyMisterGemini (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Karaoke question 2011/11/8 17:37
Now I don't go often, so I don't really care what machine we get. But I have gone with people that requested a certain machine. They just asked for it at the counter when getting a room. During peak hours though you may not be able to get a specific machine if they are all busy.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Karaoke question 2011/11/8 22:07
Okay, awesome! I've been looking into which places have which machines, and what songs they have, so now I know just what to request when I go. I usually go at weird hours on weekdays, so I don't think I'll have too much trouble. Thank you so much for your answers! They were super helpful!
by MoodyMisterGemini (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread