Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Chicken noodle soup in Japan? 2011/11/29 18:08
Is there anywhere in Japan that sells chicken noodle soup? And I do not mean cream of chicken because that is not the same as soup, and also I do not mean chicken noodle ramen. I mean a chicken noodle that is like Lipton or Mrs.Grass seasoning type packets of chicken noodle soup or Campbells canned chicken noodle soup kind, not udon or some Japanese chicken flavored soup. I cannot seem to find western style chicken noodle soup anywhere. All I can find is tomato soup which gets boring or cream of corn soup (yuck!). Maybe Costco in Japan would have it?
by cksp (guest)  

Re: Chicken noodle soup in Japan? 2011/11/30 23:11
cksp,

Seijo Ishii, the international supermarket, sells cans of Campbell's chicken noodle soup. They have stores scattered around Tokyo and the Kanto area - not sure about other parts of Japan.
by Dave in Saitama (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Chicken noodle soup in Japan? 2011/12/1 01:25
It would be helpful to know where you are in Japan. There are several international supermarkets in Tokyo, but hardly worth traveling to for a can of soup if you're in Kyushu.
by Umami Dearest rate this post as useful

Re: 2011/12/4 12:58
--It would be helpful to know where you are in Japan. There are several international supermarkets in Tokyo, but hardly worth traveling to for a can of soup if you're in Kyushu. --
Just south of Kobe and Osaka on Shikoku Island, the northwest part of Shikoku, Tokushima/Naruto area. So yeah Tokyo is far from here.
by cksp (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Chicken noodle soup in Japan? 2011/12/4 17:14
by kyototrans rate this post as useful

Re: Chicken noodle soup in Japan? 2011/12/4 18:00
http://www.fbcusa.com/cs/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1600000_16046...

They are based in Kobe, you can probably get your soup in only a day, and the delivery charges are not bad.
by butabakamuchi (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Chicken noodle soup in Japan? 2011/12/4 19:28
If you have a Kinokuniya supermarket somewhere near you, they sell the canned Campbell's Chicken Noodle soup.
by J (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Chicken noodle soup in Japan? 2011/12/4 23:42
Learn to make your own. It is cheaper and tastes better since some of the stuff you find in International stores has sat there for awhile. That's what I did when I lived in Japan.
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Chicken noodle soup in Japan? 2011/12/7 16:11
I have found Cambells canned chicken noodle soup but never the packets. I prefer the packets myself but I've had no luck finding them.
As it was mentioned, there's a huge import food company that ships all kinds of stuff too, but they are based out of Kobe so if you're near there, you can find just about anything through them.
by maiku95 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Chicken noodle soup in Japan? 2012/1/24 17:56
Get help from a Japanese reader and buy from an online arcade like Rakuten.

http://search.rakuten.co.jp/search/mall/%E3%82%AD%E3%83%A3%E3%83%B3%E3%83%99%E3%83%AB+%E3%82%B9%E3%83%BC%E3%83%97+%E3%83%81%E3%82%AD%E3%83%B3%E3%83%8C%E3%83%BC%E3%83%89%E3%83%AB/-/p.1-s.1-sf.0-st.A-v.2

by Harry Takeuchi rate this post as useful

reply to this thread