Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tokyu Hands: Which is larger? 2011/12/9 02:57
Which branch of Tokyu Hands in Tokyo is the largest in size/offerings? Is it the one in Shinjuku or Shibuya? Or is there one larger than those? What time do they close on weekdays?
by John (digs Japan) (guest)  

Re: Tokyu Hands: Which is larger? 2011/12/9 11:14
It's a while since I've been to the Shibuya branch, but I always found it difficult to find my way around there with all the mezzanine floors. The Shinjuku branch is huge (seven floors), and it's a lot easier to find things IMHO. Normally hours there are 10am to 8.30pm, but it's open till 9pm every day till December 29.
There's also a branch in Ikebukuro.
http://www.tokyu-hands.co.jp/en/index.html
by Walkingfool rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyu Hands: Which is larger? 2011/12/9 17:06
It's a difficult question.

We thought Shibuya Tokyu Hands was HUGE - each floor has level 1A, 1B AND 1C - each level slightly staggered - so a total of about 3x8 = 24 floors!

Our Japanese/Tokyo friends told us to go to Shinjuku Tokyu Hands because it was (supposedly) MUCH bigger! We didn't think it was significantly bigger being ~7 floors albeit each floor a little larger than a single 'level' at Shibuya.

Probably the same amount of stock at each store but just on different combination of floor layouts.
by Stewy63 rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyu Hands: Which is larger? 2011/12/9 18:10
Well, Tokyo Hands clerks always tell me that the Shibuya store has the best selections since it's the head shop.

But due to the increase of on-line shops in general, off-line stores have lesser merchandize desplayed nowadays. If you want to buy anything specific, it's better to phone in advance to see if they have them in stock.

By the way, the good part about Shibuya is that you get to go to both Tokyu Hands and Loft which are similar stores but a bit different. Shinjuku only has Hands.
by Uco (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyu Hands: Which is larger? 2011/12/9 19:09
I think Shinjuku is easier to get around, but maybe you can visit both!

It's kind of deceptive since Shinjuku's in there with Takashimaya.
by edincoat rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyu Hands: Which is larger? 2011/12/9 19:17
I'm pretty sure Shibuya has a bigger floor area than Shinjuku, and a bigger selection too.
by Umami Dearest rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyu Hands: Which is larger? 2011/12/9 20:07
Thank you all for your answers!
by John (digs Japan) (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyu Hands: Which is larger? 2011/12/13 23:22
My stress levels rise a lot more in the Shibuya store... it's much harder to find things and much easier to get lost... it's akin to entering a labyrinth. Shinjuku is more generically shop-like.
My guess is Shibuya probably has more stock.
by girltokyo (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyu Hands: Which is larger? 2011/12/14 11:40
I agree with girltokyo- I hate the layout of Shibuya Hands, especially when it's crowded. My feeling is that Shibuya is bigger, but not by very much.
by Sira (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread