Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Weird for a guy to like jpop girl bands? 2011/12/13 14:44
I'm just wondering if most of the fans of jpop bands like Perfume are all girls in Japan. I'm worried that all the guys that like girl groups are considered perverts or something. I really appreciate their music but would people think I'm weird if I told them my interest in jpop?
by tA0  

Re: Weird for a guy to like jpop girl bands? 2011/12/13 15:35
If you said you really like their music they might just think you have bad taste...so maybe being thought of as a pervert is perhaps better?! in fact sexualising young girls is much more acceptable in Japan...personally I find it a bit creepy but lots of people wont if you say you like those jpop girl bands for looking at the girls rather than the music.
However in terms of music ...just like what you like and don't worry what others think.
by gilesdesign (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Weird for a guy to like jpop girl bands? 2011/12/13 16:24
I really couldn't decipher the post above but, of course Jpop girl bands have millions of male fans.

Whether you like them for the music or for the girls, what does it matter to anyone but you?

I have noticed that most Jpop and Kpop girl acts have two sets of followers: the girls that love the physical style and fashion sense, and the guys that love the presentation the girls put on.

Virtually all acts today, male and female, use sex appeal and fashion to sell themselves to popular audiences.

You question of if you're considered a pervert for liking a girl group can just as easily be turned around to "will people think I'm homosexual if I like Exile or B'z?"

It really makes no sense if you think about it.
by kyototrans rate this post as useful

Re: Weird for a guy to like jpop girl bands? 2011/12/13 18:06
I'd say it also depends how old you are-30 and under, not so weird, but any older than that and it would be seen as a bit unusual to be really into bands made up of young girls- same as in any country really!
by Sira (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread