Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hanshin Tigers-Kyocera Domu or Koshien? 2011/12/24 22:48
I know the Yomiuri Giants play in Tokyo Dome, and if I wanted to buy sports apparel, they have a shop there.

I am a bit confused about the Hanshin Tigers, though. As far as I know, their home stadium is Koshien, an outdoor stadium. However, I've seen travel shows that show them playing in the Kyocera Dome. Do they share the dome with the Buffaloes or was this just a coincidence where the Tigers happened to be playing the Buffaloes?

Reason why I ask is that I'd like to go to the stadium and see if there is any different merchandise there than in the Hanshin Dept. Store. When I go to the Kyocera Dome website, all I can see is an Oryx Buffaloes shop, not a Hanshin Tigers shop.

If, indeed, Koshien is the home field of the Tigers, is there a good merchandise shop near the stadium? I'm primarily looking for a happi coat and I don't know where the best place to get one, especially a sumo-sized one (I'm kind of on the larger side of things).
by John (digs Japan) (guest)  

Re: Hanshin Tigers-Kyocera Domu or Koshien? 2011/12/26 06:59
Last March I went to Koshien Stadium to see for the first time in my life a baseball game (no baseball in my country only football the one is played with the foot..lol); because of the tsunami no pro games until April 2011, so short story I went there for a Spring Koshien Tournament game, Outside the stadium there's an excellent Hanshin Tigers shop with everything from official jerseys to keyrings, so just take the Hanshin train to Koshien Station and bring lots of cash to spend.
As I read the Tigers plays on Kyocera when their stadium is Used for the Spring and Summer Koshien (High School) Tournaments.
by kyon (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hanshin Tigers-Kyocera Domu or Koshien? 2011/12/27 01:08
Thank you kyon!
by John (digs Japan) (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hanshin Tigers-Kyocera Domu or Koshien? 2011/12/30 22:38
Hey John, as an American Hanshin fan in Yokohama, I just wanted to add a bit more to the useful information kyon passed along to you.

The shop he mentioned is the "Tigers Shop Alps" located between Hanshin Koshien Station and the stadium. Here is the website (in Japanese) with a bit of a map... http://hanshintigers.jp/goods/alps/

They should have the most recent happi in stock. By the way, there area number of other Tigers shops and Osaka/Kansai. And if you are in another parts of Japan, there might be a Tigers shop that might have the happi. http://hanshintigers.jp/goods/shop/ (It's in Japanese, sorry.)

Coincidentally, I just happened to buy the current year happi today at the Tigers shop in Yokohama. They come only in one size. I usually take an XL, so it fits on me without closing... happi are meant to be worn open, with a shirt/t-shirt underneath, or (traditionally) cinched with a cloth belt.
by devdave rate this post as useful

Re: Hanshin Tigers-Kyocera Domu or Koshien? 2011/12/31 02:34
Devdave, thank you so much for the added info!

I appears I will only be able to buy it for my friend then, as I would require a size 3XL to wear it! :(

But perhaps I can find something in that size that may suit me as well! (crosses fingers) or there's the one-size-fits-all hat I can get!

Again, thanks for the details!

John

Re: Hanshin Tigers-Kyocera Domu or Koshien? 2011/12/31 08:17
John, if you take a 3XL, I think you probably still could wear the happi, though it might be a bit tight depending on how big your shoulders are. You likely wouldn't be able cinch it closed. (It doesn't come with a belt, anyway.) Unless you happen to be a taiko drummer, though, that probably isn't an issue.

By the way, this is the happi I bought yesterday (the yellow one)...
http://shop.hanshintigers.jp/goods/index.html?ggcd=7166&cid=cheer
by devdave rate this post as useful

Re: Hanshin Tigers-Kyocera Domu or Koshien? 2012/1/3 08:35
Thanks so much devdave! You just gave me some hope after all!

reply to this thread