Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

no reply in email 2012/1/2 00:36
i had met someone here online. and we were able to exchange emails.

the first week, we were exchanging hobbies and each others culture. it was going great, but she stopped emailing.

i waited of course before emailing back. thinking that she might be busy because of the holidays.

so i emailed her again. asking how she is doing.

i have yet to get a reply from her.
she told me that she is having trouble replying english, because it takes her a long time to create the email before sending it. sometimes she tells me it takes her an 1 hr before she finishes it and sends it to me.

i have no problem replying in japanese but i want to help her improve her english. and then maybe in the future i could also ask her to help me improve my japanese.

and to make it easier for her. i always simplify my words not get too complicated by saying anything that she might have trouble understanding.

did i do anything wrong or say anything wrong in this situation?
by the answer (guest)  

Re: no reply in email 2012/1/2 11:42
I think you are rushing things. Take it easy. It's not good to demand that sort of commitment unless you are husband and wife. Write that you would like to receive a reply in his/her convenient time, once in a while.
by Take it easy (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: no reply in email 2012/1/2 13:52
Don't take it personally but I have experienced this (and others I know as well) many times. Sometimes the novelty wears off quickly, or for no reason people stop responding to messages you send.

It happens, don't thread too much on it if they never respond to your messages any more.
by ExpressTrain (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: no reply in email 2012/1/3 22:30
It often happens, it's perfectly normal.
Actually, finding a penpal for a long term friendship is pretty hard.
Keep trying :)
by cipolladivetro rate this post as useful

Re: no reply in email 2012/1/8 01:10
I can understand her feeling. because same as me. though I won't stop it without telling to them why. she is lucky to have friend like you. I wish I could find good language exchange friends. well try to be patient ;)
by UPMP rate this post as useful

Re: no reply in email 2012/1/8 04:32
Yeah.. It happen sometimes. I usually can't help it thinking it was my fault
by Katashi rate this post as useful

Re: no reply in email 2012/1/8 22:39
@ UPMP

thank you. i wish she felt the same way. i was just being honest and friendly.

i guess she didn't think too much of my good intentions
by the answer (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: no reply in email 2012/1/9 01:29
You know that it's hard to find good friends. So let's keep trying ;)
by UPMP rate this post as useful

reply to this thread