Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Two Omiyage to One Person? 2012/1/2 23:06
Skip to the bottom if you're feeling too sluggish to read this upcoming paragraph.

So, there's this guy at my Japanese highschool (I'm an exchange student) and blah blah blah, we are friends and such. I do like him. (Oh, the folly of youth.)I went to Disney Sea today for New Years to see some unknown person imposing as Mickey Mouse, riding a boat screaming Happy New Years with all his lovely pals. As I digress, I had e-mailed him via cell phone saying I would get him an omiyage~ and of course I wanted to.
But I ended up getting TWO omiyage, meant for him. I'm stupid. Really, I truly am. Not even questionable. They are both 600ish each (not that that really matters, for he will never know), they are like... Donald Duck related. Anyways x2, I have a couple days to contemplate this dilemma before school starts on the 10th, and I'm wondering if I should just give the other omiyage to some random person... say from my after school club? What to do, what to do...

OKAY LONG STORY SHORT:

Is it weird to give TWO omiyage to ONE person? Or are people in Japan used to receiving (most of the time) one little strangely shaped supposed key holder for 150?? Thank you!

明けましておめでとうございま〜す!
by ChiikaBoom  

Re: Two Omiyage to One Person? 2012/1/3 21:05
Is it weird to give TWO omiyage to ONE person?

Sometimes I give some omiyages to one person.
It's O.K., if you can answer.
Because he will be certain to ask "Thank you but why?".
by ajapaneseboy rate this post as useful

Re: Two Omiyage to One Person? 2012/1/3 21:08
Oh sorry, I forget to say.
明けましておめでとうございますm(_ _)m
by ajapaneseboy rate this post as useful

reply to this thread