Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Japanese Wii able to play US games? 2012/1/4 11:22
I live in Japan so I got a Japanese version of the Wii and I am wondering if I can play US version of games on it?
(Since rpg games will be too hard for me to play in Japanese without fully understanding Japanese.) Also if I can play US games on it what is a recommended website to be able to get US version of wii games from Japan? because most sellers for example on ebay do not allow international buyers or if they do the shipping is so high.
by gardenia123  

Re: Japanese Wii able to play US games? 2012/1/4 17:58
I think you'll have to buy some kind of Freeloader (which is a disk, not an hardware mod) to load import games.
by dariofr8 rate this post as useful

Re: Japanese Wii able to play US games? 2012/1/5 18:26
The Wii has region codes on it, similar to DVD players. You won't be able to just play a import game (e.g. Japanese Game on US Wii or vice-versa). However, what I did with my Wii, was I Homebrewed it. It doesn't void your warranty because the majority of the mod sits on the SD card, which can be taken out at free will. Go look up on Youtube "How to Homebrew Wii" There's a guy on there that does it step by step. Just be careful, because you can fry your Wii during the process (some people call it "brick your wii") but as long as you're not an idiot it should work fine. (btw, I don't think there's any freeloaders for the Wii right now because of how the console works)
by :] (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread