Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Grass-Fed Beef in Kobe/Kansai 2012/1/21 16:49
Where can I buy grass-fed beef in Kobe (or Kansai). Imported beef (like from NZ) is fine with me.
by MasterJ  

Re: Grass-Fed Beef in Kobe/Kansai 2012/1/22 09:40
Most cheap Australian beef is grassfed. (no marbling in the meat) It tends not to be labelled as such though. It should not be difficult to find.

If you want meat labelled grassfed, you can order through the internet from the Meat Guy in Nagoya who carries a huge range of stuff including real sausages.
by girltokyo rate this post as useful

Re: Grass-Fed Beef in Kobe/Kansai 2012/1/23 20:05
Thank you! I looked into Australian beef as per your suggestion and you`re mostly right, but as with all things, a little complicated. some farmers there are offering corn-fed and also even grass-fed are grain-fed at the end (not sure what that means for health of the beef). I`ve emailed the Meat Guy and waiting to hear back re: options. Cheers!
by MasterJ rate this post as useful

Re: Grass-Fed Beef in Kobe/Kansai 2012/1/24 12:56
The cheaper the beef the less likely it will be grain fed if it's from Aus. There are different feeding regimes, short, long, medium fed. Nippon Meats has a brief description.
http://www.nmpa.com.au/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=21...

Hanamasa, not sure if it is in Kansai, is a good place for cheap bulk meat. I am not sure if it is short fed or all grassfed though.
by girltokyo (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Grass-Fed Beef in Kobe/Kansai 2012/1/30 16:40
Thank you for your help here, it`s been really useful! I just got a reply from JP at `The Meat Guy` that answered a lot of my concerns and I`m going to order some NZ and Aussie beef through them. He states to write that we only want 100% grass-fed in the comments section while ordering to be sure....I`ll update after we order and eat it as to satisfaction....

Re: Grass-Fed Beef in Kobe/Kansai 2012/2/7 17:23
Okay, if you want to be sure about eating 100% grass-fed beef, I suggest `The Meat Guy`. Just specify in the order that`s what you want...I bought a few steaks and we were very happy. Arrived quickly and were `fresh` and tasty. Delivery and COD cost (no credit cards) add to the price, so it`s not `cheap`, but if you want a primo-product (and grass-fed), this is the best way I could find....If you don`t mind MOSTLY grass-fed, then a much cheaper option is Aussie beef at the supermarket. Lean Aussie beef is mostly grass-fed, but often grain or corn-finished (google it). Thank you girltokyo for your help!!

Re: Grass-Fed Beef in Kobe/Kansai 2012/2/10 12:02
No worries, glad you got it sorted!
by girltokyo (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread