Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kaiyukan Aquarium Online Store? 2012/1/29 04:43
A friend and I recently went to Japan and bought lots of souvenirs for family. However, on our way back one of our suitcases was opened, and several items went missing. Because we have a friend in Tokyo, we've already been able to get replacements for most things. Unfortunately it is not so simple for the items we purchased in Osaka.

Among these items were some from the Kaiyukan aquarium; a small plush jellyfish and a sea creature fork and knife. I've been looking around online for an e-store to order replacements, but I can't seem to find one. Is anyone aware of a place I could get them? Thanks very much.
by Jake (guest)  

Re: Kaiyukan Aquarium Online Store? 2012/1/29 21:34
Here is a link to the aquarium shop's web page. http://www.kaiyukan.com/guides/shop/

If you click on the word "Click" in the middle of the page, it takes you to an web site (the Kintetsu department store's online shopping site) that carries the shop's merchandise:
http://shop.d-kintetsu.co.jp/ec/srDispCategoryTreeLink/doSearchCategory/11080300000/04-05/3/1

Your friend in Tokyo should be able to order from this site, assuming he or she can conduct transactions using Japanese.
by Uma (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kaiyukan Aquarium Online Store? 2012/2/2 09:21
Hi, it looks as though that site doesn't sell the specific items I'm looking for, but thank you. They seem to only carry a selection of the aquarium's merchandise.

I will keep looking around, hopefully I'll be able to find something. Thanks again.
by Jake (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kaiyukan Aquarium Online Store? 2012/2/2 12:16
Oh, that's too bad. They do have a lot of cute looking things, but the aquarium shop must have a lot more.

What a bummer to lose items from your luggage. I always buy a lot of things when I go to Japan, and they all feel like special treasures to me. I've never had anything fail to make it home, but I know I would feel bad if I did.
by Uma (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kaiyukan Aquarium Online Store? 2012/2/3 09:53
Yeah it was really sad for us. The actual trip was at the end of November, so a lot of those gifts were meant to be for Christmas.

I assume a security person at one of the three airports we visited between Osaka and our home destination must have opened the bag to check it, and then not properly secured it again. Yet another reason I feel safer carrying on all of my luggage if possible.

Re: Kaiyukan Aquarium Online Store? 2012/2/8 07:41
is this the plush jellyfish you after?

http://shop.d-kintetsu.co.jp/ec/pro/disp/1/I020000025517
by Seratone rate this post as useful

Re: Kaiyukan Aquarium Online Store? 2012/2/15 18:44
It is! Was it in the shop from before? I didn't see it there. Thank you for pointing it out!

reply to this thread