Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Is a Discover Credit Card able to be used? 2012/2/10 22:21
Do I need to use Visa instead or will the a Discover CC be widely accepted in Kyoto and Tokyo? Thanks!
by DennisP (guest)  

Re: Is a Discover Credit Card able to be used? 2012/2/10 22:32
Discover card is widely accept in Japan. The Discover card placard won't be displayed, but it can be used anywhere that accepts JCB.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Is a Discover Credit Card able to be used? 2012/2/11 01:53
An added benefit of using Discover is that, as I understand it, they don't charge a foreign transaction fee that typically comes to 3% when you use a Visa card. (If this matters to you you should verify the information, but I'm pretty sure it's accurate.)
by Uma (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Is a Discover Credit Card able to be used? 2012/2/14 22:29
Fantastic, thank you!!!

Yes, that is correct, no currency conversion fee.....thanks!
by DennisP rate this post as useful

Re: Is a Discover Credit Card able to be used? 2012/2/15 00:04
I heard somewhere (I think on another forum) that some merchants might not realize that they take Discover, even though they do take JCB. JCB is very well established in Japan, but the tie-up with Discover is relatively new. If a place that displays a JCB logo tells you that they don't take Discover, chances are they are mistaken. If you can persuade them to at least try, the charge will likely go through.
by Uma (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread