Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Japanese gas stovetop/broiler in America? 2012/2/15 05:39
I have a very small home, with access to city natural gas. My kitchen is small, so I want to replace the huge electric stove with small gas stovetop/broiler combo ordered from Japan.

My question is...is this safe??! Will Japanese stovetop work in America? Do I need conversion hose?

I don't want my house to blow up(T^T), but smaller stove is so cheap compared to big stovetop/oven combo like you can get in America. So, please help me!!

Here is a link to a stove I am looking at, but if you have recommendation for the Japanese gas stovetop/broiler combination you think is better, I would love to hear it! (here is the link: http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/gaskigu-hills/item/pa-340wa/)

Thank you to the person who answers my question or can help me out!!
by Amacchi -housewife- (guest)  

Re: Japanese gas stovetop/broiler in America? 2012/2/17 07:08
I have a very small home, with access to city natural gas.
I want to replace the huge electric stove with small gas stovetop/broiler combo ordered from Japan.
My question is...is this safe??!

I suppose you had better consult the manufacturer and your gas company.
City gases can be not the same even in one country.
In Japan, they are categorized under several groups
depending on gross heat of combustion,
specific gravity [i.e. how the gas is light or heavy compared to the air]
and maximum combustion potential [i.e how speedily the gas could be combusted].

If the property of the actual gas is different from what the gas appliance is designed for,
the appliance may not work properly or may need adjustment by a professional to prevent accidents.

Paloma: Purchasing info:
- http://www.paloma.co.jp/english/purchase.html
How to contact this company is shown around the bottom.

by omotenashi rate this post as useful

Re: Japanese gas stovetop/broiler in America? 2012/2/17 07:51
Thank you, omotenashi! I have emailed Paloma from the information you provided and will await their answer!

From what I can tell, my local gas is "natural gas." I know it's not LNG, but it's not very specific, is it? Should I email the local gas company and ask? I plan to have someone come and inspect if I end up buying the Paloma gas table to make sure, but first I want to wait and hear back from Paloma.

Thank you again for your response!! You're very helpful.
by Amacchi -housewife- (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread