Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tirol Kinako Mochi Chocolate location? 2012/2/22 00:40
I need anyone who can help...
I'm currently in Tokyo for the next couple of days and I've been looking everywhere for Tirol's Kinako Mochi Chocolate (pic here: http://8tokyo.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/kinako-mochi-chocolate.jp...) to no avail. I've searched all the convenience stores and any store that sells chocolates/candies and have had no luck.

Does anyone know a specific place I can go to find this item around Tokyo?

Or even a place that sells Tirol chocolates in general or a place I can try that has a great variety in terms of chocolate?

Any help ASAP would be greatly appreciated.
by Sloindahed (guest)  

Re: Tirol Kinako Mochi Chocolate location? 2012/2/22 10:13
I often see the individual pieces sold at the cashier counter at convenience stores. They place them there (instead of on regular shelves) so that people notice them when they reach the cashier counter and buy a few.
I've seen the "bag" type (as in your photo) only occasionally in supermarkets such as AEON.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Tirol Kinako Mochi Chocolate location? 2012/2/22 10:35
Thanks. I'll check the cash registers again.
Do you know of specific AEON locations? I'm trying to find it in Google Maps and I can't tell which ones are the supermarket as I can't read Japanese.

Thanks again for the quick reply.
by Sloindahed (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tirol Kinako Mochi Chocolate location? 2012/2/22 10:57
Where are you in TOkyo? AEON and other large supermarket chain stores tend to be in the residential areas, not in central TOkyo...
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Tirol Kinako Mochi Chocolate location? 2012/2/22 19:16
The flavours of EVERYTHING here change with the seasons/days/months. So if its not "in season" you probably wont find it anywhere, but you should try maybe 100Yen store, or similar if you can't find it at the combini or supermarket at the moment.
by bec (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tirol Kinako Mochi Chocolate location? 2012/2/23 00:58
I'm staying in Asakusabashi near Akihabara.

Thanks for the tip on checking the counters. I've found some individual Tirol chocolates but only 3-4 of the same flavors/types.

I'll keep checking the 100Yen shops. I hope that Kinako flavor/type isn't out of season right now.

Since the supermarkets are in the suburbs, do any of you know any JR stations that are within walking distance to one? I don't know if JR trains go that far but I've got a Rail Pass so it wouldn't be too much of a problem.

Re: Tirol Kinako Mochi Chocolate location? 2012/2/23 13:39
There is an Aeon near Kaihin Makuhari.. But journey is really long (pass disneyland) although not very expensive, 2 way is abt 1000 yen. Ive seen Tirol Kinako Mochi Chocolate in bag form.. But that was in Jan 2011. I bought it and later found it in this provision store in Ikebukuro =( The shop sells all sorts of goodies.. Its definitely away from the shopping malls, we just happened to chance upon it as we exited wrongly on the station.

There's another Aeon at Koshigaya Laketown.. But i am not sure if they have it.
by Sam (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tirol Kinako Mochi Chocolate location? 2012/2/23 14:54
I'm not sure ,but I think "Niki no kashi" in Ameyoko Ueno might sell Tirol kinako mochi choco.

http://www.ameyoko.net/e/search/?kw=Niki&op=a&ct%5B%5D=7&submit=Search

by xexstyle rate this post as useful

Re: Tirol Kinako Mochi Chocolate location? 2012/2/23 15:13
Thanks guys.
I'm gonna go check that store in Ueno right now since its the closest. If not, I'll see about visiting AEON in the places you mentioned.
I'll update whether I find it or not. Thanks again.

Re: Tirol Kinako Mochi Chocolate location? 2012/2/23 23:15
Success!
Niki no Kashi in Ameyoko Ueno had them in cases. Thanks xexstyle and all you other people for your help. Now I can enjoy Tokyo and not have to worry about this lol.

P.S. Have any of you guys seen other KitKat flavors (other than green tea) being sold anywhere in Tokyo? Flavors like wasabi, pancake, flan, regular tea, etc.?

Re: Tirol Kinako Mochi Chocolate location? 2012/2/24 18:44
There is a shop in Tokyo station that sells all different flavours by the box... but the station is HUGE and im sorry i dont remember exactly where it is. But it was definately inside the station...somewhere not far from all the ramen shops. Perhaps someone else here can give you more info or which side of the station that is etc.
There is also another shop I've bought a few different flavours from in the market shopping streets that run between Ueno and Okachimachi stations. It is very close to the Ueno station end, on the left hand side if walking away from Ueno station. But again, this shopping area is quite big, and im not sure how else to describe the exact location. Good luck with your search!!
by bec (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tirol Kinako Mochi Chocolate location? 2012/2/24 23:54
Found it. Thanks.

Found the store in Tokyo Station First Avenue. They had more KitKat flavors than I had money for though I wanted to buy all of them. I think I even bought more than I should have.
Niki no Kashi only had Green Tea Kitkats.

Thanks very much for the help guys.

reply to this thread