Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Apple cider for sale in Japan? 2012/2/29 17:46
Is there any apple cider for sale in Japan at any stores or online? Or some kind of instant apple cider? (instant as in powdered form in packets they sell in the U.S. just like hot cocoa). I really miss drinking apple cider and apple juice is not as tasty as apple cider.
by apple (guest)  

Re: Apple cider for sale in Japan? 2012/3/2 17:02
To apple,

You may want to either look for ƒV[ƒhƒ‹ or go to a shop that sell more imported products. Can you name a couple of your favorite brands? It might help other to look it up on-line so that it would help you.
by Uco (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Apple cider for sale in Japan? 2012/3/2 17:11
Uco san, OP is looking for non-alcoholic apple drink. ;-)
ƒV[ƒhƒ‹ (French 'cidre') is an alcoholic drink made of apple.

to OP: Appletiser iƒAƒbƒvƒ‹ƒ^ƒCƒU[j is the answer for you!
It is imported from South Africa. Very good taste.
http://www.appletiser.jp/
by apple (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Apple cider for sale in Japan? 2012/3/2 21:36
OP are you looking for: http://www.alpinecider.com/

If so, perhaps try Costco or Kaldi.
by MN (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Apple cider for sale in Japan? 2012/3/5 18:53
to Uco: I do not have a specific brand I am looking for just any apple cider
to the 2nd person who wrote back: appletiser is that an alcoholic drink? I am looking for a non alcoholic & non carbonated apple cider.

to MN: I went to Costco recently and did not see Apple cider there sadly. They did have sparkling apple cider but not non-carbonated regular original apple cider or any powder apple ciders like the link you gave me. Unless I just missed seeing it somehow at Costco. I am not sure what Kaldi is so I will look them up.

Re: Apple cider for sale in Japan? 2012/3/6 06:50
from Wikipedia:
"Although the term cider is used for the fermented alcoholic drink in most of the world, the term hard cider is used for the alcoholic drink in the United States and much of Canada.

Apple cider (also called sweet cider or soft cider) is the name used in the United States and parts of Canada for an unfiltered, unsweetened, non-alcoholic beverage made from apples.
This untreated cider is a seasonally produced drink of limited shelf-life that is typically available only in fall, although it is sometimes frozen for use throughout the year. It is traditionally served on the Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas holidays, sometimes heated and mulled.

In the United States, the difference between apple juice and cider is not well established. Some states do specify a difference. Fresh cider is raw apple juice that has not undergone a filtration process to remove coarse particles of pulp or sediment. Apple juice is juice that has been filtered to remove solids and pasteurized so that it will stay fresh longer".

Quite frankly when one is in a different country one should eat and drink what there is in that country, not look for the stuff one is familiar with. What is the point of travelling, if not trying something different?

by Monkey see (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Apple cider for sale in Japan? 2012/3/6 16:52
Appletiser is non-alcoholic drink! :)
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Apple cider for sale in Japan? 2012/3/6 18:37
Here's a link to Kaldi: http://www.kaldi.co.jp/english/#/ourproduct/merchandise/
It calls itself "Coffee farm" but they have a lot of import merchandise -- a friend sent me some chai and green tea latte powder made by them.

Otherwise, I think you'll have to ask the foreign buyers club to get it for you -- doesn't seem to be on their website.

Re: Apple cider for sale in Japan? 2012/3/6 18:44
@.-thank you for your answer to my question about appletiser :)

@MN I will ask Kaldi if they sell it otherwise if they don`t then result to seeing if foreign buyers club has it. Thank you for the link and info, much appreciated,

Re: Apple cider for sale in Japan? 2012/3/6 18:44
@Monkey-because I permanently live in Japan and sometimes I just want apple cider, my personal preference in a beverage has nothing to do with anything that should concern you Monkey. If you got a problem with it do not post. I really love apple products no matter where I am in the world and apple cider happens to be one of my favorite beverages. And do not judge me I eat Japanese food and love it especially sushi and sukiyaki.

Re: Apple cider for sale in Japan? 2012/3/7 01:49
Update us if you find it.

I tried looking every place I could think of online -- flying pig, nissin, kaldi, FBC, national den en, etc.

Re: Apple cider for sale in Japan? 2012/3/8 06:54
I understand how you feel as I live in North America but am originally from somewhere else. I used to crave food from my country but learned to do without.
Hard to find, too expensive etc. and after 20 years in another country our tastes changes.

I now eat/ drink some North American stuff, and mostly eat Japanese food as my roommate is from Japan and a great cook.
by Monkey see (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Apple cider for sale in Japan? 2012/3/8 08:23
Apple,

I am also from a country where "cider" means something different (an alcoholic drink), but if what you are after is "homemade-style" cloudy apple juice, my local Yaoko supermarket has bottles of the stuff from the Shinshu Region. at 800 yen for 750 ml it's obviously more expensive than the regular processed/filtered apple juice you get in cartons everywhere, but presumably tastes ten times better. I would also second the suggestion to check out Kaldi first, as they often have stuff like that.
by Dave in Saitama (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread