Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Mori Girl shops, zakka cafes... 2012/2/29 22:22
...and Totoro-themed shops

Hi all. Does anyone know of any area in Tokyo where I can find the above? Are Shimotakaido shopping street and Shimokitazawa the places I can find the above?

Thank you!
by angela (guest)  

Re: Mori Girl shops, zakka cafes... 2012/3/1 07:06
The Ghibli museum has a shop, but I found the whole museum disappointing. Yamashiroya toy shop by Ueno station sells lots of Ghibli stuff including Totoro.
by Kirjava444 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Mori Girl shops, zakka cafes... 2012/3/1 09:43
Hi!

For Mori Girl I directly recommend the shops of "earth music & ecology" or "Clef de Sol" (a chain of RIO).
Also Shimamura (しまむら), Cath Kidston and Lowrys Farm can be recommended.

I think, you can find them almost everywhere in Tokyo. Clef de Sol has shops for example in Shinjuku and Ikebukuro (Sunshine City).

Shimokitazawa might be a really good place to find a lot of shops with that style, often second-hand. Also cute handmade accessories can be found a lot. But you can find Mori Girl style almost everywhere, because it's quite popular atm.

In Shimotakaido you might not find as many, but still this street is worth a look! I was there once and found it very cute!
I don't know much about zakka cafes, but maybe you can find one there as well.
But it may be found also in places like Shinjuku (you know, there's almost everything) Shibuya, Harajuku or Odaiba.

Ghibli Shops (always with Totoro) are to find directly at Tokyo Station, Odaiba, Shinjuku, Haneda Airport, Ikebukuro etc. It's actually quite easy to find them.
I personally also liked the Ghibli Museum their shop (maybe you have to reservate to get into the museum, though) :)

Hope that helped? Do you speak Japanese? If yes, you can search the internet for the brands I told you and see, where exactly they are ^^
by Oro (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Mori Girl shops, zakka cafes... 2012/3/1 13:41
Thank you Kirjava444-san and Oro-san! This is helpful!

Because I will be lugging my toddler along so I thought it would nice if everything is lumped together(somehow?)haha.

For Mori Girl I directly recommend the shops of "earth music & ecology" or "Clef de Sol" (a chain of RIO).
Also Shimamura (しまむら), Cath Kidston and Lowrys Farm can be recommended.

Yes I know these brands! Thank you!

Btw, will it ok if I were to take a photo of the shop front?
by angela (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Mori Girl shops, zakka cafes... 2012/3/3 23:39
Maybe it depends on the shop, but I don't think, it would be a problem if you take photos of the shop front (they often have such photos on their homepages, just with lower quality).
Might, that you'd just be looked at as the foreigner who wants to take a photo of everything ;)

I haven't been to places, where Mori Girl style only was lumped together, but besides Shimokitazawa I can recommend you the shopping centres (depaato), where you can find several shops of several brands in the same building. So, there's all kind of styles and of course also a lot of Mori Girl. For example I really recommend LalaPort near Tokyo Bay (Toyosu), one of the Mitsui Outlet Stores, Aeon Mall or the already mentioned Ikebukuro Sunshine City.
by Oro (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Mori Girl shops, zakka cafes... 2012/3/4 12:53
Ok Oro-san thanks for the info!
by angela (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread