Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Katana Replica - Japan to Canada 2012/3/8 13:39
I am planning to purchase a katana as a souvenir and was wondering what the best way to bring it back to Canada is.

How long are they usually? I know there are different types (wakizashi etc) I am looking to get a regular full sized one.

Is it better to ship them home? If so what's the best method of doing this? and approx how much would it cost?

I won't be going until April and was just wondering if I should bring my larger luggage to fit it or if I should just ship it home or if I have to package it separately to declare it when I get back.
by Delsorbo  

Re: Katana Replica - Japan to Canada 2012/3/10 02:12
Alright. I have done some research and here are my results.

Fedex - $450 shipping (approx 30x10x10 box 10kg) with insurance up to $500
Will need to declare it on your flight back as items to follow and keep the form to get a refund on duty and taxes (if it's within exemption limits) crazy expensive and not worth it.

I did not look into sea shipping.

I called AirCanada and we are allowed 2 check-in baggage and that a box is allowed to be checked in. Is this safe? Am I allowed to fully seal the box? If the airport decides to open the box, will they likely seal it back up properly?

by Delsorbo rate this post as useful

reply to this thread