Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Trouble registering for e+ account 2012/3/9 05:33
I asked a friend in Japan if I could use her address in order to register for an e+ account so that I could order some concert tickets and have them sent to her apartment. However, the website will absolutely not accept the address no matter what I try...
I can enter the postal code, city and municipality fields just fine, but when I go to enter the street address (2-2-9) and apartment number (612) I just get this error message:

[”Ô’n]‚Í[‘SŠp]‚Å“ü—Í‚µ‚Ä‚­‚¾‚³‚¢B
[ƒ}ƒ“ƒVƒ‡ƒ“EƒAƒp[ƒg–¼E•”‰®”Ô†]‚Í[‘SŠp]‚Å“ü—Í‚µ‚Ä‚­‚¾‚³‚¢B

I have no idea what the problem is, can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Alternatively, I just had the idea of using the "pick up at a Family Mart" option instead; since that doesn't require entering the address at all. However, since I would be buying tickets for a show in late April, would I be able to buy them now online and pick them up then (almost 2 months from now)? I read online somewhere that you can not wait that long if you purchase pre-sale tickets, but what about general release?

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks!
by xtsquintx  

Re: Trouble registering for e+ account 2012/3/9 15:24
The website requires you enter the info in full width characters
‚c‚n‚t‚a‚k‚d ‚a‚x‚s‚d
‚–‚“
double byte

So you need to switch the computer to Japanese input mode or copy and paste from somewhere.
by kyototrans rate this post as useful

Re: Trouble registering for e+ account 2012/3/10 01:19
I did try using the JP language bar before but I totally missed the "full width" command... thank you for the help, it finally worked!

Of course after figuring that out, now it looks like it won't accept any of my credit cards... does that sound like a common problem? The one odd thing I noticed was that in addition to the CC #, exp date and security code, it also asks for a month and date. I don't know exactly what it is, I was guessing that it's my birthdate... does that sound right? If it's not, then maybe that's the field that is making it not work.
by xtsquintx rate this post as useful

Re: Trouble registering for e+ account 2012/3/10 11:25
It's also likely that your card's security protocols won't allow the transaction because the address you are using is different from the address of the card owner: you.

Are there separate shipping and billing input areas? Or, you could ask your friend to pay for you then pay her back via PayPal. PayPal Japan is now fully functional so there are other options.

If that site accepts PayPal, you may also be able to pay directly that way.
by kyototrans rate this post as useful

Re: Trouble registering for e+ account 2012/3/10 17:03
The one odd thing I noticed was that in addition to the CC #, exp date and security code, it also asks for a month and date. I don't know exactly what it is, I was guessing that it's my birthdate... does that sound right?

I have an account there so I just checked - yes, it's your birthday (the one registered with your credit card company, it says) for IS purpose.

Try that, and if it doesn't work, that means they don't accept addresses outside Japan, or non-matching address :(
by AK (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Trouble registering for e+ account 2012/3/10 17:04
Whoops, a typo!

"for IS purpose." should read "for ID purpose."
by AK (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread