Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Cosplaying at Akihabara or Harajuku 2012/3/15 23:00
So I heard that people used to cosplay on Sundays at Akihabara or Harajuku, but it had been dying down not too long ago. Is cosplaying still not active on Sundays? If so, where is it most active?
by mickeykollins  

Re: Cosplaying at Akihabara or Harajuku 2012/3/16 11:06
If all you want to see is girls dressing up as maids...go to Akihbara at any time of the day (I would consider 8pm on friday the best time). They are all over the streets, trying to find customers for their maid cafes.

If you want to see Japanese dress up in rather unusual cloth or fancy dresses go to Takeshita street on the weekend.

If you want to have a look at the 'real' cosplaying scene I would recommend going to the big Anime&Manga Conventions. Please consider that there are "serious", business-oriented Anime Fairs like the one next weekend @ Tokyo Big Sight and "fun", customer-oriented Conventions where you will see a lot of people dressing up.

As you can imagine most cosplayers in Harajuku have given up meeting and acting in front of the Yoyogi-park as this has become a huge tourist attraction site...and I guess noone feels like serving as a tourist attraction!
by asdf (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread