Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Is this ok? 2012/3/16 09:32
Anyone know if there are any spots around Asuka for a picnic lunch?

We're trying to make it a day of sightseeing around the area as well as bringing a picnic basket to sit on the grass or park bench and eat outside. Weather permitting that is.

Thanks for your time and thoughts.

~Nyah~
by ho-ho-hum-ho (guest)  

Re: Is this OK? 2012/3/16 13:42
Where is Asuka? Maybe you mean Asakusa? or even Akasaka?
by gilesdesign (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Is this OK? 2012/3/16 13:47
ummm nope, I meant Asuka as in Asuka in Nara-ken. The birthplace of Japanese civilization.

Look it up on this site :)
by ho...zZz (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Is this OK? 2012/3/16 14:05
by Kirjava444 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Is this ok? 2012/3/16 23:58
Ah, missed the above post. I have never been there, but I assume since it is a tourist area there would be places where it's alright to eat?

For example if someone were to buy lunch at a convenience store they should be able to eat it somewhere.
by Kirjava444 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Is this ok? 2012/3/17 08:31
Yes, having a meal in a public park is usually perfectly okay. Many people are doing it. During the cherry blossom season, you even see hordes of people doing it.

In most public parks it is okay to step on the grass, but in some parks and gardens it might not. Also, the rules in private parks and gardens could be stricter than those in public and paid ones. Look for eventual signs that prohibit things. And if in doubt, ask.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread