Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

i cant send a mail in docomo phones? 2012/3/22 00:25
is there a way that i cant send a mail in @docomo.ne.jp?we just only know a mail address she didnt even know my number either..what should i do?
if i use any kind of mobile there is a possible way that i can send here a mail? because i try to use alot of hot mails and gmails but stills i cant send her a mail through her docomo phones..
can somebody help me please?
by ahra (guest)  

Re: i cant send a mail in docomo phones? 2012/3/22 10:43
First of all I have to say that it is very common to write mails in Japan and not SMS like in most other countries of the world. This is mainly due to the fact that very often handy providers to not allow to send SMS to different provider. Mail always works though and is actually a lot cheaper and can contain pictures, more text, etc. So it is actually funny that this is not the usual standard in all other countries as well.

So if you do not know the provider of your new friend, it is very common to only share the mail-address. That way you can make sure that you are able to contact each other!

As for your problem: No matter what kind of phone you have (prepaid, abo,..) - if the mail adress is right, you should be able to send her a mail from your phone.

by asdf (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: i cant send a mail in docomo phones? 2012/3/22 11:40
is there a way that i cant send a mail in @docomo.ne.jp?

if i use any kind of mobile there is a possible way that i can send here a mail? because i try to use alot of hot mails and gmails but stills i cant send her a mail through her docomo phones.

Sounds like your friend's spam settings are set to reject computer based email. Probably the only way to get through is to send your mail via a cellphone based system (i.e. from a Japanese mobile phone).

This is a very common problem, and you can find several similar threads on this forum:

http://www.japan-guide.com/search/?cx=015609760794546757367:7rvvvopegh...'t+email+docomo&sa=Search&siteurl=www.japan-guide.com/

As for your problem: No matter what kind of phone you have (prepaid, abo,..) - if the mail adress is right, you should be able to send her a mail from your phone.

FWIW, smartphones can end up set in such a way that their mails are interpreted as coming from a computer and subsequently end up blocked by security settings.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

reply to this thread