Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hunger Games in Japan 2012/3/24 16:11
Does anyone know when Hunger Games will play in the Japanese theaters?
by Gina (guest)  

Re: Hunger Games in Japan 2012/3/26 09:47
Well, this movie has already been released in Japan, it was in december 2000 and the japanese title was Battle Royale.
All joking aside, none of the movie magazines have seen this weekend at my local bookshop is giving a release date.
by Movies fan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hunger Games in Japan 2012/3/26 10:44
Lol I actually watched Battle Royale and thought how weird that it's the same idea!! Thanks for checking the papers :)
by Gina (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hunger Games in Japan 2012/3/26 14:33
It's Battle Royale meets The Running Man
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: Hunger Games in Japan 2012/3/27 15:13
To me the inspiration seems to go back even further,it is like the Colosseum (with kids).

Keep checking this page on imdb, unfortunately Japan is not listed yet...but everywhere from Bahrain to South Korea is listed.
Hurry up Japan!
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1392170/releaseinfo
by gilesdesign (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hunger Games in Japan 2012/3/28 00:59
Thanks for checking the papers :)
You are welcome! I just checked on the japanese websites about ハンガーゲーム 日本公開 and I think you will need to be very patient lady, actually japanese websites are talking about an 秋 (automn) release. It is also "automn" on the japanese Wikipedia page about this movie.
If you know Japan you probably know that some movies take a very long time to get released here. Some US summer blockbusters often get a winter release in Japan. Example: Wall-e released on june 2008 in USA, on december 5 in Japan. We were the last country for this movie according to IMDB. Be patient... ;-(
by Movies fan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hunger Games in Japan 2012/4/6 12:10
Rottentomatoes had it that The Hunger Games were going to be released in 3 weeks in Japan saying, "Japan, the only major territory to not open this weekend, launches three weeks from now." I'll believe it when I see it but I'd like it to get out here quickly cuz I'm fighting the urge to watch a cam rip of it cuz I'm sure it'll be so much better on the big screen!
by Daniel (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hunger Games in Japan 2012/5/28 08:44
by Cornucopia (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread