Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Does anybody know this supplement? 2012/3/26 21:09
Hi all,

Sorry to ask this, but can somebody help me out with this supplement? I can't read Japanese, so I can't find any info about it.

Appreciate any help! Thank you!

http://i40.tinypic.com/qp5jir.jpg
by jou (guest)  

Re: Does anybody know this supplement? 2012/3/27 05:24
It's called Chaga. I looked it up online and it seems to come from a mushroom, which explains the forest background.

I don't know if you just wanted the name or anything else...
by Ben (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Does anybody know this supplement? 2012/3/27 09:56
Hi Ben,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I would like to know the name of the supplement or the maker of it so I can search the net for more info. It's even better if you know the site where I can find this supplement, I will just google translate it from there.

A friend of mine recommend this supplement to me for good health. So I would like to find out more.

I can't type or read in Japanese, that's why I couldn't search for any info at all.

Thank you very much and please have a nice day!
by jou (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Does anybody know this supplement? 2012/3/27 15:36
No problem, I am by no means fluent, but don't mind helping when I can.

Like I said before the supplement is called Chaga チャガ.

As for the maker, I couldn't really see the brand well from the picture, (right above the big lettering) but I was able to make out the first character which is 厳. A better picture would help me determine the brand.

Lastly, I found a website that sells chaga in the form of teabags, however I cannot vouch for their legitimacy.

http://www.genryoya.com/contents/goods/details/chaga-t.php

Let me know if you get a better picture or need any more help :)

Re: Does anybody know this supplement? 2012/3/27 19:00
Here is the Kenko.com English site where you may be able to order the chaga.

http://en.kenko.com/shop/en-us/list/sr/5/1/0/commodity/0/0/w/chaga
by Jay Key (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Does anybody know this supplement? 2012/3/27 19:04
Hi Ben,

Please kindly have a look at this new photo I took.

http://i43.tinypic.com/14tbtb5.jpg

Once again, thank you for your help. Really appreciate it!

Re: Does anybody know this supplement? 2012/3/27 19:14
Hi Jay Key,

That was very informative, thank you very much!

Best regards,

Re: Does anybody know this supplement? 2012/3/28 05:03
The brand is 厳選 romanized as Gensen.

Although, I am now wondering if that's the brand as gensen means carefully selected...

Nothing else seems to indicate the company though.

I searched 厳選チャガ on google and came up with
http://www6.ocn.ne.jp/~cando/

It does have one of the sayings on the left of the bottle on this site 森のダイヤモンド

Interesting to say the least, I am sure someone more knowledgeable in japanese products could solve this.

Re: Does anybody know this supplement? 2012/3/28 11:24
Hi Ben,

Thank you for taking the time to help me.

I got the same result as you while searching for this product...I wonder where the guy got this supplement.

By the way, from the bottle could you tell what kind of supplement is this? What is it good for?

Thank you!

Re: Does anybody know this supplement? 2012/3/28 12:13
Um the label doesn't really promise anything.

Here's what wiki has to say though

In China, Japan and South-Korea hot water extracts of the non-linear, complex (1-3) and (1-6) ß-glucan polysaccharides that are found in Chaga and other mushrooms from the family Hymenochaetaceae are being produced, sold and exported as anti-cancer medicinal supplements. The biologic properties of crude preparations of these specific β-glucans have been studied since the 1960s. Although these molecules exhibit a wide range of biologic functions, including anti tumor activity, their ability to prevent a range of experimental infectious diseases has been studied in the greatest detail.[7] Recent scientific research in Japan and China has been focused more on the anti-cancer potential and showed the effects of these specific polysaccharides to be comparable to chemo therapy and radiation, but without the side effects.[8][9] Further research indicated these polysaccharides have strong anti-inflammatory[10] and immune balancing properties,[11] stimulating the body to produce NK (natural killer) cells to battle infections and tumor growth, instead of showing a direct toxicity against pathogens. This property makes polysaccharide-based supplements stand out from standard pharmaceuticals - no side effects will occur / develop; the body is healing itself.[12] Herbalist David Winston maintains that it is the strongest anti-cancer medicinal mushroom. Russian Literature Nobel Prize laureate Alexandr Solzhenitsyn wrote two pages on the medicinal use and value of chaga in his autobiographical novel, based on his experiences in a hospital in Tashkent, ''Cancer Ward'' (1968).

Betulin and betulinic acid, are compounds found naturally in chaga and birch trees. The compounds are now being studied for use as a chemotherapeutic agent. Whereas Betulin as it is found in birch bark is indigestible by humans, the Chaga mushroom converts it into a form that can be digested orally. In an animal study, researchers found betulin from birch bark lowered cholesterol, obesity and improved insulin resistance.[13]

Although the majority of research has been performed in vivo and in vitro, there have been a few human clinical trials. In a 48 patient human clinical trial in Poland in 1957, ten patients treated with chaga showed a reduction of tumor size, a decrease in pain, a decrease in the intensity and the frequency of hemorrhaging, and a recovery that was accompanied with better sleep, appetite and feelings of improvement. Most of these patients were females treated with chaga for cancer of the genital organs or breast cancer.[14]
[edit] Preparation

Re: Does anybody know this supplement? 2012/3/28 13:36
Thank you Ben, it is very kind of you to help me find that info. Appreciate it much!

Please have a nice day!

And thanks to japan-guide.com for this great site! You have a nice community.

Best regards

Re: Does anybody know this supplement? 2012/3/28 18:23
No problem at all, I have no problem helping those who are appreciative.

I just hope I was of some use :)

reply to this thread