Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

International call from Japan 2012/3/30 23:38
I am from India and going to visit Japan in the month of May 2012 . I would like to know the telephone code to call from Japan to India.
What are the cheapest way of making international call ? How can I use Skype and make call through a mobile ?
by Archana (guest)  

Re: International call from Japan 2012/3/31 15:36
Do a google search on ''international telephone country codes'' to find the code for India.

The cheapest overseas calls I've found are using Brastel.

by Umami Dearest rate this post as useful

Re: International call from Japan 2012/3/31 19:59
1.verify if your phone model is skype friendly
2. download skype mobile,
a. to use skype to skype callers
b. buy skype credit to use skype to non-skype callers

by Donaldl rate this post as useful

Re: International call from Japan 2012/4/4 10:12
I would like to know the telephone code to call from Japan to India.

If dialing direct from a landline dial 010-91 + the number you want to dial.

See this page for more info:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2223_how.html

What are the cheapest way of making international call?

Skype or other internet calling services are pretty cheap assuming you already have access to the internet. Skype starts at 13 yen/min to call phones in India.

How can I use Skype and make call through a mobile?

Depends on the type of mobile and whether or not you have voice/data service in Japan. You also need a skype account and a way to purchase prepaid skype credit (or a subscription) if you plan to call regular phones.

Smartphones can call via the skype app when on wifi or 3g. Beware high data charges that may make it cheaper to just dial direct and pay the international calling rates.

A simpler version of skype is also available on some non-smartphones.

Either way you are paying skypes 13 yen/min to call India plus whatever rates you pay for the minutes/data used.

There is also skype to go, which allows you to make cheap international calls via skype from any phone. You need to set it up in advance. See here for more details.

http://www.skype.com/intl/en/features/allfeatures/skype-to-go-number/
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

reply to this thread