Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

washlet toilet seat 2012/4/8 18:38
Hi Everyone,
Can anyone knows where can I buy washlet toilet seat with the his/her washing & seat heating in Tokyo (Shibuya / Shinjuko)? I know that the voltage is different from Australia but thats not an issue since I can install a transformer 240v/100v.
Cheers
Ocy
by Ocy  

Re: washlet toilet seat 2012/4/9 17:07
I would suggest getting one in Australia, buy from the right supplier and it will be the correct voltage, be under a full warranty and comply with Australian requirements. Check out these Australian websites:

http://www.thebidetshop.com.au/

http://www.royalet.com.au/
by RobBeer (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: washlet toilet seat 2012/4/9 19:08
Gooday! I got one from Bidet Shop, dont think you can install one yourself, it is a big job for a plumber (and electrician in most cases). There is a website that says which ones have australian approval, they have to have backflow prevention otherwise there will be a council drama due to risk of flooding. I got the Coway one which essentially is battery operated with the batteries recharged by the water coming in. Bizarre, huh? It works really well, though the cold water is a little bracing in winter.
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: washlet toilet seat 2012/4/9 19:45
A little while ago I did a heap of research on this, as I wanted a TOTO washlet installed on one of our toilets (am in Australia).l pretty much concluded the same this as one of the previous posts go to "australianbidet.com.au", order a comparable model from them and get peace of mind from warranties etc.
by Tim desu rate this post as useful

Re: washlet toilet seat 2012/4/9 23:01
Hi Guys,
Thanks for the info. Will check the Ausi sites.
cheers
ocy
by Ocy rate this post as useful

Re: washlet toilet seat 2012/4/10 18:07
Hi Ocy

Sounds good - feel free to share your experience and let us know how you go.

Cheers

Tim (from Brisbane)

Re: washlet toilet seat 2012/4/11 04:35
Just wondering.
Did anybody research the prices between units sold in Japan and simular models in Australia?
BTW I installed a unit from Japan in Europe and it is easy to do.
And if you want to find more about it (like the voltage adjustment) search this fine forum for several threats about this subject.

B. Slager
by B. Slager (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: washlet toilet seat 2012/4/11 22:26
Hi Slager,
Well, I am in Japan at the moment and there is huge price difference between washlets in Australia and Japan. Not much choices from ausi websites but when trying to compare similar products - say the high end toto products with all the bells and whistles, the Ausi's are around $1500 and the ones in japan (just from 1 shop) its around $600, so I think the price difference might be worth bringing it from Japan (taking into account, warranty issues, transformer etc).
cheers
Ocy
by Ocy rate this post as useful

Re: washlet toilet seat 2012/4/12 04:25
Just remember that the high end seats have control panels of fiendish complexity, all in Japanese. Much damage can be done to one's backside experimenting with buttons. That was one reason I bought a simple one in Oz
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: washlet toilet seat 2012/4/13 02:10
Hi Lazy Pious,
Translation of instructions is not that hard with translation services on the internet (Google translate).
And i do not think that you can hurt your bottom if you press the wrong buttons. These items are for sure kid-proof.
So i think somebody is scaring you (so you buy a high price local washer).
B. Slager
by B. Slager (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: washlet toilet seat 2012/4/13 06:04
hmmm, no, I've experienced it. We stayed in a machiya in Gion, the washet must have had 20 functions in japanese (seat heat/spray heat/aperture/ pressure/fan/fan heat/front/back/pulse/oscillate, it also had a lovely blue light, somehow I managed to have the jet needle fine at enormous pressure and heat, it would have taken paint off a wall and I'm sure it intruded by several very painful inches. Whatever it did to me I am certain would be illegal in many countries, I almost sobbed. And while that was probably the most memorable, I've stayed at many other hotels in Japan where I couldnt make head or tail of the instructions, although I think the toto ones tend to be pretty easy.
by Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: washlet toilet seat 2012/4/15 19:10
Maybe you could also equate the kanji/ hiragana/ katakana on the washlet control panel to that in the TOTO USA instruction manuals to figure out the compatible functions and what they mean (particularly if you buy a model in Japan directly)

reply to this thread