Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

short translation needed 2012/4/11 09:12
I'd very much appreciate it, if somebody could translate a few Japanese sentences from this tune (from 1:57 onwards)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7WAe16y-oY

An approximate translation will suffice. Thank you in advance!
by SEA monster  

Re: short translation needed 2012/4/12 16:28
Who is doing that?

Who will go with us?

When are you leaving?

It is one thousand yen. (I don't get what exactly she is saying, but sounds like this.)

by jk (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: short translation needed 2012/4/12 18:58
Many thanks! :-)

I've been listening to this tune for years and kept wondering ...
by SEA monster rate this post as useful

Re: short translation needed 2012/4/14 13:19
sen-en desu = It's one thousand yen
dare ga sore o shite imasu ka = Who is doing that/Who is wearing that?
itsu otachi ni narimasu ka = When are you leaving? (respectful expression)
dare ga watakushitachi to ikimasu ka = Who will go with us?
dai (yonju yonju yonju) yonjukka = Lesson 40

It sounds like someone simply liked the sounds of the language and used several random phrases - the tune sounds kinda cute, though :)
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: short translation needed 2012/4/15 05:54
Thank you AK. Much appreciated!

It sounds like someone simply liked the sounds of the language and used several random phrases - the tune sounds kinda cute, though :)

Yes, the phrases sound beautiful. And although neither the music nor the composer (a little known American music producer) have nothing to do with Japan, I am "dreaming Japan", whenever l listen to it.

The song (along with some other interesting tunes from the same producer) are available for a free and legal download at http://www.epitonic.com/artists/som/ - if you are interested.
by SEA monster rate this post as useful

reply to this thread