Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

embarrassment please help? 2012/4/16 13:19
I was wonder wondering how to properly introduce myself in japanese on here when send a message. Everytime I try and go back later and check on I always make big mistake=example= こんにちは私の名前は必要に応じてあなたも私ジェイク呼び出すことができますヤコブです。
by The Tiger  

Re: embarrassment please help? 2012/4/16 14:06
What's happening here? Why do you have "Hello my name is as needed you too I Jake can call out Jacob"???

You can simply write:
- こんにちは Konnichiwa (hello)
or
- はじめまして Hajimemashite (nice to see you - a greeting when you are writing for the first time)
- 私は XXX です。Watashi wa XXXX desu. (I am XXXX.)

Were you trying to say "My name is Jacob (pronounced ya-ko-bu) but you can call me Jake (je-i-ku)?
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: embarrassment please help? 2012/4/16 14:26
Like I said total embarrassment but thanks alot you were a big help I'm just really really really passionate about the japanese culture and language and literally just started learning japanese.
by The Tiger rate this post as useful

Re: embarrassment please help? 2012/4/16 18:34
I didn't mean to ridicule you or anything - sorry if I came across that way - I was simply surprised at the phrase that came up...

Re: embarrassment please help? 2012/4/16 18:55
I see what happened - you need to use precise punctuation when using automated translator online. But still I could not do anything about "...can call out Jacob."

Re: embarrassment please help? 2012/4/17 00:05
Its fine just the steps of learning thats all. But you were a big help and greatly appreciate it.
by The Tiger rate this post as useful

reply to this thread