Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Music Instrument (Second-Hand) Shop in Japan 2012/4/16 20:16
I do really need you help. Where can I buy the music instruments (second-hand) in Japan like Trumpet, Trombone, Drum, etc?

Thank you very much in advance.
by englenoaa  

Re: Music Instrument (Second-Hand) Shop in Japan 2012/4/17 09:54
Depending on where you come from, NEW brass instruments may be MUCH cheaper than in your home country.
This may mean that you may not need to buy second hand.

You can find shops in the musical instrument store area of Tokyo. Start from the western end of JR Ochanomizu Station, and head south along the main road.
by Sandy (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Music Instrument (Second-Hand) Shop in Japan 2012/4/17 12:17
Thanks Sandy. Could you tell me an exact location in Tokyo please.
by englenoaa rate this post as useful

Re: Music Instrument (Second-Hand) Shop in Japan 2012/4/17 12:53
Start from the western end of JR Ochanomizu Station, and head south along the main road.

Can't really get more exact than that. You can literally see the instrument shops across the street as you exit the station. Here's the spot on a map:

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Ochanomizu+Station,+Japan&hl=en&ll=35.69...
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Music Instrument (Second-Hand) Shop in Japan 2012/4/17 13:07
One option is the huge Book off/Hard Off/Hobby Off/Mod Off building at Hachioji Main station and Bus 2 (or Keio Hachioji with more buses off the station) mostly for locals-as foreigners prefer locations closer at stations. This place has higher stocked/ organized than Kasasaki.

Easily spotted as signs are huge, and building is beside the bus stand.

This Hard Off has an impressive, varied depends on donations, shelves and corner devoted music selection priced low for used and often new instruments. after Spring vacation/sales, they are restocking and reopens after 20th.

Many bands are slowly adapting to recycling, where they purchase then donate when changing hobbies or locations. A Japanese friend saw a whole band equipment donated on same day.
by Donaldl rate this post as useful

reply to this thread