Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Weight Issues & Clothing 2012/4/16 23:54
I'm planning a trip someone within the next couple of months, and I know that weight is a big issue in Japan, but I just wanted to know how I'd be seen.

I'm 5'4 and 125lbs, and wear a US size 6.5 shoe.

I know finding clothes may be dificult, but thats not why I'm going there, but I just wanted to know if I'd be able to find something?
by Katherine (guest)  

Re: Weight Issues & Clothing 2012/4/17 08:03
I'm 5 feet 3 and 121 pounds, wear US size 6 to 6.5 shoes. I'm never considered slim, but not fat either - and I'm a local and I find plenty of things to wear :)
by A regular here but anonymous this time (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Weight Issues & Clothing 2012/4/17 17:04
You sound fairly average-sized to me, with a similar build to a lot of Japanese women and well within the range of shoe sizes they have here as well. I'd say you will have a lot of choice- the only exception would be if you are very curvy in which case things might not fit so well.

As for how you'll be seen, that depends more on your personality and behaviour than anything else.
by Sira (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Weight Issues & Clothing 2012/4/18 12:00
You're about the same size as me, you should fit into Japanese M size fine and shoes will be no problem. :) You're lucky- my feet are size 8.5, and that causes way more problems than clothing ever has!
by sunny (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Weight Issues & Clothing 2012/4/19 15:12
Thanks for the responses so far everyone!
by Katherine (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread