Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Onigiri Packaging Kombini-Style? 2012/4/26 03:56
You know how at a kombini, the onigiri are wrapped in a way that the nori is separated from the rice and the nori doesn't get soggy?

I want to buy these kinds of plastic sheets while I'm in Japan so I can make homemade onigiri when I'm back in Europe.

What shops do I find these in, a regular supermarket or maybe a Tokyu Hands? And what are they called in case I have to ask for them.
by Sillie (guest)  

Re: Onigiri Packaging Kombini-Style? 2012/4/26 23:53
As you say! Nori is separated from the rice in order not to get soggy.

Kombini-Style Onigiri is manufactured by use of a special machine. So we can't buy plastic sheets from a store generally.

But, I found a similar plastic sheet on the web.
The Name of this product is "Slit Pack Onigiri". The price is 409 yen per 100 sheets.
by omo54 rate this post as useful

Re: Onigiri Packaging Kombini-Style? 2012/4/27 15:09

Dunno what they would be called in Japanese, but you can buy sheets like that at 100-yen shops, as well as places like Tokyu Hands. Just look for the bento/picnic section.
by Dave in Saitama (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread