Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Battery instruction 2012/5/10 19:37
Hi! I bought a battery online and the seller emailed me this:

バッテリーが到着後、すぐに満充電をし、普通の使用で残量が空になるまで使用、その後、再度満充電。この充放電の繰り返しを3回〜5回する。

I understand a bit but I'm not sure wether upon the arrival of the battery I should charge it full immediately or should I first use the battery and drain it to empty?

Thanks!
by ctrlalt (guest)  

Re: Battery instruction 2012/5/11 08:52
ctrlalt,

You should charge it fully, use it normally until it's fully exhausted, and then repeat this process three to five times. Pretty normal for most Ni-MH batteries.
by Dave in Saitama (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Battery instruction 2012/5/11 23:05
Strange. What do you do after 3-5 times of charging and discharging by normal use? lol.
Technically, the instruction is not correct.
Any batteries have a certain discharge threshold & should not be discharged completely or they can no longer be recharged fully or even die prematurely. Just use normally.
by amazinga (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Battery instruction 2012/5/12 09:48
by Dave in Saitama (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Battery instruction 2012/5/12 12:50
My point is the instruction says この充放電の繰り返しを3回〜5回する。then what do you do after that?
I hope it lasts hundreds of charging/discharging after initial full charge.
Also we are not talking the same. I said "should not be discharged completely" which is different from the statement you linked. Your link is talking about "completely discharging" but under normal usage until the electronics stop working(~1.0V on 1.2V NiMH). I am talking about down to zero volt , then it will be damaged as I have done many times doing my hobby.lol.
See under Notes & Tips.
http://www.calrecycle.ca.gov/ReduceWaste/power/rechbattinfo.htm#mAhExa...
by amazinga (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Battery instruction 2012/5/12 16:33
My point is the instruction says この充放電の繰り返しを3回〜5回する。then what do you do after that?

Then you use it and charge as normal (without a full discharge cycle between charges), pretty standard stuff with recyclable batteries for the past decade or two.

Also we are not talking the same. I said "should not be discharged completely" which is different from the statement you linked. Your link is talking about "completely discharging" but under normal usage until the electronics stop working(~1.0V on 1.2V NiMH). I am talking about down to zero volt , then it will be damaged as I have done many times doing my hobby.lol.

The confusion is because you are referring to "completely discharging" a battery in a way that is different than how it is understood in common usage. To the typical user, completely discharging a battery means operating the device under normal use until it stops working, not bringing the batteries down to zero volts.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

reply to this thread