Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Lost watch at Fushimiinari Shrine 2012/5/10 23:54
Hi,

I visited the Fushimiinari Shrine on Wednesday May 9th and left my watch in the WC near the information desk. I gave my details to the guard.

Any suggestions or anyone who lives near by who can find out if it got handed in? Where would a local take it? Police? Any help would be appreciated. It's a blue faced citizen watch.

If it's gone, it's gone, it's only a watch.

Thanks
by openmind  

Re: Lost watch at Fushimiinari Shrine 2012/5/11 10:57
Why dont you pay the shrine another visit yourself? Quite often people do not give the watch to the guard but rather put it on top of a shelf or on a post or something.
by guesty (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Lost watch at Fushimiinari Shrine 2012/5/11 17:42
I've already left Kyoto and I'm leaving Tokyo on Monday.
by openmind rate this post as useful

Re: Lost watch at Fushimiinari Shrine 2012/5/12 01:43
I believe if you report something lost, you have to show up in person to claim it by showing your identity. If you opt not to return to Kyoto, then there's not much that can be done. The police will hold it for a few weeks and if it hasn't been claimed, they'll dispose of it in a number of ways.
by John (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Lost watch at Fushimiinari Shrine 2012/5/12 08:55
oh ok, thank you. Time to get a new watch!
by openmind rate this post as useful

Re: Lost watch at Fushimiinari Shrine 2012/5/13 17:39
If someone turns it into the police, they will hold it for six months, after which the one who turned it in will have the rights to it. Not just in several days!

If you left your details at the shrine, maybe you (or someone else) can call to ask?
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread