Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Where to buy a Birthday Card 2012/5/20 15:56
Hi

What kind of shop can I buy a Birthday Card in and what Kanji should I be looking for to wish them happy birthday.

Many thanks
Sarah
by Sarah (guest)  

Re: Where to buy a Birthday Card 2012/5/20 20:33
I think that you should go to LOFT if you are in the big city.

You should be looking below.
Happy Birthday=>誕生日おめでとう。
by yoshi73 rate this post as useful

Re: Where to buy a Birthday Card 2012/5/20 20:46
Stationery shops, or yes, if you are in a big city, look for LOFT or Tokyu Hands, and check out their stationery floors. They will have the greeting cards divided into different occasions, and if you look for a shelf marked 誕生日, that would be for "Birthdays."

If you see phrases like 誕生日おめでとう or お誕生日おめでとう, that's "Happy Birthday"as mentioned by the earlier poster.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Where to buy a Birthday Card 2012/5/20 21:37
I saw the cards in book stores. Some book stores have stationaries. The person you are going to gift it will become happy. Fortunately, you don't have to use Japanese card because “happy birthday” is general phrase in Japan as well. I guess that the price is 300 yen to 500 yen per card.
by Tohgetu rate this post as useful

Re: Where to buy a Birthday Card 2012/5/21 13:26
Thank you it is my boyfriends birthday while we are in Japan and I wanted to get him a card from here.

I just need an excuse now to sneak off and buy one while he is not around.

Thanks
by Sarah (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Where to buy a Birthday Card 2012/5/21 22:38
Good luck! I wish for your success.
by Tohgetu rate this post as useful

reply to this thread