Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 1 of 2: Posts 1 - 20 of 27

1 2
next

climbing fujisan alone 2012/5/21 18:05
i would like to climb fujisan and want to know if it is safe to do it alone.I have no one to go with me. Since there are other climbers i can follow them in that sense i wont be alone.Is it still ok?
by carmine (guest)  

Re: climbing fujisan alone 2012/5/21 18:20
As you mentioned, you could do it alone by just following the others on the trail. There is no harm as such, in climbing by yourself and does not involve much risk, if you are well-prepared for the freezing temperatures at the top and possess a good pair of shoes.
However, in the unfortunate case of a twisted ankle or any other discomfort, it is always better to have someone around.
Chances of such things happening are very less though, if you watch your steps and are generally careful in everything you do.
by NN (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: climbing fujisan alone 2012/5/21 18:36
Any chance u attemting this on Aug 14th? cos' I'll be soloing Fujisan too on said date. :)
by Syaitann rate this post as useful

Re: climbing fujisan alone 2012/5/25 11:40
Hi Syaitann, thank you for your offer but, I am sorry, I am planning to climb in the first week of July. I might change my plan though. By the way, what is your gender? (from your name it is difficult to know) I am asking because I would prefer a female climber to go with.
by carmine (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: climbing fujisan alone 2012/5/25 12:34
Sorry but I'm a dude. Anyway hope u enjoy ur climb.

Re: climbing fujisan alone 2012/5/25 19:49
i would personally climb as late as possible in july if you can, obviously it's not climbing season untill mid july so transport can be an issue, also it's still the rainy season so the weather will vary a lot.
by pete (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: climbing fujisan alone 2012/5/27 12:25
Syaitann,I am sorry too. Happy climbing to you too!
by Carmine (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: climbing fujisan alone 2012/5/27 12:32
In that case, I guess, i will have to change my plan and climb in last week of july or first week of august.

Pete, Thank you again for your advice!
by carmine (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: climbing fujisan alone 2012/7/6 13:30
Hi Carmine.. I too am planning to climb Fuji San this weekend or next. As per Peter, next one seems to be better and its a long weekend too. I too have not found a company yet and would love to join you, unless you have already made your trip. (I am a female from India)
by Nidhi (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: climbing fujisan alone 2012/7/11 09:19
I am also looking to climb fuji with someone (I have yet to find a compnay) the dates I am looking at are 7-10 August - I would like to follow the tour schedule ie be there for sunrise!
by bex101 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: climbing fujisan alone 2012/7/12 11:21
Hi, I'm planning on climbing MT. fuji around August 14th. Please PM if you want to join :)
by HikaruClaire rate this post as useful

Re: climbing fujisan alone 2012/7/12 21:49
Yes you can.
But you d better make reservation of the cottage to stay.
by 36madcooky rate this post as useful

Re: climbing fujisan alone 2012/7/13 00:46
I am planning on first week of august too. Guyyyys please let me join the group. Anyone please add me on skype now, suzuki_tomoe and talk about it there?
by Tomoe (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: climbing fujisan alone 2012/7/13 00:49
Hey carmine i am a female. Let's go together. Can you email me on suzukitomoe143@gmail.com and plan the dates?
by Tomoe (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: climbing fujisan alone 2012/7/15 02:38
I'm planning to climb on 14 of Aug with my wife, will be our first climb to Fuji, so we would love to join anybody going on those dates
by Roberto (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: climbing fujisan alone 2012/7/15 03:02
I am a Japanese.
You are brave to climb Mt. Fuji alone.
It is not related to being Japanese and a foreigner.
It will be satisfactory, if you have physical strength and are prepared perfectly.
However, if possible, I recommend you to look for a partner.
by feeloursoul (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: climbing fujisan alone 2012/7/15 03:06
Hi Roberto, I'll be climbing on the 14th too. At the moment there's 2 others interested in climbing on said date but we have yet to fix the timing. Also 2 of us are going without huts. Anyway it will be my first climb too.

Cheers,
Nua

Re: climbing fujisan alone 2012/7/15 05:48
Hi, can I join anyone? I would rather not go alone if possible. Please email me at TakkySama@hotmail.com, or add me on skype AsianLife247. Thanks!
by Takkilicious rate this post as useful

Re: climbing fujisan alone 2012/7/15 05:57
I forgot to say that the date would have to be Aug 14th.
by Takkilicious rate this post as useful

Re: climbing fujisan alone 2012/7/17 22:21
why most are climbing Aug 14...hehe. I'm planning Aug 11 or 12... By the way, will you spend 2 days for this adventure? Or just 1 day?
I'm near Goenba so rpobably I'll go for Gotenba trail...
by slerz (guest) rate this post as useful

Page 1 of 2: Posts 1 - 20 of 27

1 2
next

reply to this thread