Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Keisei Sky Access to Asakusa 2012/6/1 03:27
Hi,
I just want to make sure how does the 1,060 yen Keisei Sky Access ticket work as I plan to go from Narita Terminal 1 to Asakuka (Toei). From what I got from the question forums, it says that there's only an easy transfer at Aoto station to Asakusa where I ride the Keisei Oshiage Line Access Express. However, I've noticed from Hyperdia.com that after the transfer at Aoto, I have to stop at Oshiage station and have to get on the Toei Asakusa Line Airport Ltd. Express in order to arrive at Asakusa which is what makes it confusing for someone who's never been on this line as I would used to take the Keisei Skyliner to Ueno and then Asakusa on Tokyo Metro. My two questions are:

1. Does the same train I will hop on in Aoto station (Keisei Oshiage Line Access Express) become the Toei Asakusa Line Airport Ltd. Express train? Or, do I have to get on another train at Oshiage station in order to get on the Toei Asakusa Line Airport Ltd. Express so that I can arrive to Asakusa?

2. As Keisei and Toei are different companies, can I use the same exact ticket I will purchase from the Keisei kiosk at Narita throughout my transfers and when I arrive at Asakusa as the Asakusa station will be a Toei, not Keisei, station? Or would I have to purchase a different ticket at the Oshiage station as that's where I would have to be on a Toei train if the train I boarded at Aoto (Keisei Oshiage Line Access Express) doesn't become the Toei Asakusa Line Airport Ltd. Express?
by rsxguy04  

Re: Keisei Sky Access to Asakusa 2012/6/1 08:39
The fare of 1,060 yen only applies if you use the "Keisei Main Line" and not the "Keisei Narita Sky Access Line" between Narita Airport and Aoto. If you travel along the Sky Access Line, the fare will increase to 1,240 yen. There are large signs at Narita Airport Station which tell you the way to the "Keisei Main Line" as opposed to the "Sky Access Line".

No additional transfer is required at Oshiage. If you look closely at the Hyperdia results, you should notice an arrow next to Oshiage, which indicates that no transfer of trains is required there.

Note also that during most of the day, except in the late afternoon and evening, there are some direct trains from Narita Airport to Asukasa along the Sky Access Line. The fare would be 1,240 yen.

2. As Keisei and Toei are different companies, can I use the same exact ticket I will purchase from the Keisei kiosk at Narita throughout my transfers and when I arrive at Asakusa as the Asakusa station will be a Toei, not Keisei, station?

You will have to purchase a single "transfer ticket" at the vending machine for the entire ride. Or, if you stay in Tokyo multiple days, I recommend to purchase and use a Suica or Pasmo prepaid card, instead. It makes taking trains much easier:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2359_002.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Keisei Sky Access to Asakusa 2012/6/2 15:13
Keisei timetable: Narita Airport (Terminal 1): Access Express
- http://www.keisei.co.jp/keisei/tetudou/skyliner/us/timetable/index.htm...

Uji: during most of the day, except in the late afternoon and evening, there are some direct trains from Narita Airport to Asakusa along the Sky Access Line.

Access Express trains with destinations EXCEPT FOR Ueno are such direct trains (and shown on the timetable as "A H" / "A M" / "A N").
These trains become trains of another service type in Oshiage then continue on Asakusa Line, all stopping at Asakusa.

If you take an Access Express train destined to Ueno, you have to make a transfer in either Takasago or Aoto to a train destined NOT to Ueno.
In that case the transfer can be done on the same platform.
(Takasago might be better if you drag a suitcase; the platform is wider in Aoto, where the two tracks are apart.)

In NRT Terminal 1 you can purchase a transfer ticket valid through to Toei subway Asakusa Line.
Or, a PASMO card may save you time for handling coins and paper tickets.
(Please be sure to keep enough value stored in your PASMO card.)
In order to take an Access Express train in NRT, you pass through the entrance ticket gate only; you don't use the intermediate ticket gate.

by omotenashi rate this post as useful

Re: Keisei Sky Access to Asakusa 2012/6/6 01:23
Hi. Thanks for replying to the topic. So one thing I'm confused about is the whole concept of the transfer ticket. Is the transfer ticket included in the original ticket or not? Will I be able to purchase the "transfer ticket" at the Keisei Kiosk in NRT Terminal one? Or where do I get that? Therefore, If I were to purchase the Sky access as I'll be arriving in the late evening, will that sky access ticket work throughout the trip from NRT to arrival at Asakusa? Or when I arrive at Asakusa, I use my transfer ticket to get out of the station? Once again, thanks for the help!
by rsxguy04 rate this post as useful

Re: Keisei Sky Access to Asakusa 2012/6/6 01:33
But I think most likely, I'll use the Pasmo card. I hope that this will work: I buy my Main Line/ Sky Access ticket from Keisei, make the necessary station transfer, arrive at Asakusa, and (this is the part I need confirmation on) use the Pasmo card to get out? How much would I be charged on the card? Or do I use the original ticket if no transfer charge is required. Sorry, I know I'm asking alot and once again, thanks for your help!

Re: Keisei Sky Access to Asakusa 2012/6/6 03:32
Hi, I hope I've finally made sense with the advice you both have given. To the second poster, thank you for letting me know that there's no intermediate ticket gate I have to go through just incase. To both posters, I think what I'm getting from the both of you is to purchase a PASMO with enough funds and then use the PASMO from NRT Terminal 1 to Asakusa as the PASMO works on the Keisei lines. I hope I got this right. Once again, thanks for your help!

Re: Keisei Sky Access to Asakusa 2012/6/6 12:39
Is the transfer ticket included in the original ticket or not?

It is a single ticket that can be used for the entire section.

Will I be able to purchase the "transfer ticket" at the Keisei Kiosk in NRT Terminal one?

It can be purchased at the Keisei ticket machines. I am not sure whether the manned ticket office sells them, too.

But I think most likely, I'll use the Pasmo card. I hope that this will work: I buy my Main Line/ Sky Access ticket from Keisei, make the necessary station transfer, arrive at Asakusa, and (this is the part I need confirmation on) use the Pasmo card to get out?

If you use Pasmo, it will be your only ticket. You enter and leave the ticket gates with nothing but your Pasmo card. If you plan to visit other regions besides Tokyo, then I recommend to buy a Suica card at the neigboring JR ticket machine instead. The two prepaid cards both work on all the trains and buses in Tokyo, but the Suica card - unlike Pasmo - is also working in some regions other than Tokyo.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Keisei Sky Access to Asakusa 2012/6/7 06:56
I actually bought a JR pass so I'll be fine regarding most JR trains. Otherwise, thank you so much for your help, Uji!

reply to this thread