Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Otokomae tofu in Kyoto? 2012/6/2 15:16
Hi! I've been to a couple of supermarkets and department stores in Kyoto looking for Otokomae tofu, but so far no luck. Does anyone know where you can buy their tofu in Kyoto?
by Smithereens (guest)  

Re: Otokomae tofu in Kyoto? 2012/6/7 23:58
hum.. It is really easy to get otokomae tofu in kyoto... Which supermarket or department store did you go?
Where do you live in Kyoto? If you can tell me, I can tell you where you can get the tofu!
by sunday12 rate this post as useful

Re: Otokomae tofu in Kyoto? 2012/6/8 13:49
Haha, I forgot about this thread. I did find it at the 5th place I went to (Howdy), I guess I just had bad luck. They only had silken tofu and not the harder kind though. Know where I can find that near Izumojitatemoto-cho? ;)
by Smithereens (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Otokomae tofu in Kyoto? 2012/6/8 16:17
hahaha.. I dont know why you wanna eat Okotomae Tofu! hahahaha... Luckily or unluckily, I can find that anywhere.
I am from Kyoto but I am not near that area So, actually, I do not know which supermarket have otokomae tofu. hahaha.. but how about going to Fresco and Convenience store , such as Seven-Eleven, Family mart and Lawson?

If you really really realllllly want to have it, I can buy and get it for you. hahahahaha

Re: Otokomae tofu in Kyoto? 2012/6/8 18:13
I've heard it's very good, that's why I want it. ;)

Re: Otokomae tofu in Kyoto? 2012/6/8 20:42
Yes, I frequently hear the tofu is yammy! Hope that you can find soon!!
Where are you from?

Re: Otokomae tofu in Kyoto? 2012/6/11 19:31
From Sweden, studying Japanese in Kyoto. :)

Re: Otokomae tofu in Kyoto? 2012/6/13 22:47
Sokka! How long have you been here? Did you alreadyget Otokomae tofu last weekend?
by sunday12 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Otokomae tofu in Kyoto? 2012/6/27 19:10
Been here since March! I've found silken Otokomae tofu in several places but still not the harder kind.

Re: Otokomae tofu in Kyoto? 2012/7/3 21:26
Cool. I am not sure that Otokomae tofu dont have hard one... When I checked it in super market, they dont sell hard one haha

reply to this thread