Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Casio dictionaries software support 2012/6/5 01:10
Hi!

I'm learning both Chinese and Japanese. Currently, I'm very interested in buying either the Chinese Casio E-B800 model, or the Korean Casio EW-3400 (essentially the same, but cheaper in China).
BUT: I NEED to know if it's possible to use separately sold Japanese expansion software such as this XS-KE05MC: http://item.rakuten..../4971850901365/ (Includes 研究者新和英大辞典、英和大辞典 etc.) with these non-Japanese models. I just want to create an all-including piece of hardware, but I'm afraid the software won't be compatible with Chinese or Korean models for any reason.
I don't want to buy any smartphones or other devices.
I don't want the Japanese XD-B7300 or XD-D7300 models.
I would just like to know the above.

Thank you very much!
by Boukyakujin  

Re: Casio dictionaries software support 2012/6/6 01:53
OK, I'll answer myself, just in case you stumble upon the same problem one day.

I've received official response both from Casio Japan and from Casio China, and also from several Chinese dictionary sellers.
Basically, [b]ONLY Japanese models[/b] (XD-) are capable of supporting add-ons in form of new dictionaries etc. They all support text or audio files, but only the Japanese one can handle books. The only official way to do so is to buy a Japanese model, the only unofficial way is to reflash [b]entire[/b] memory of your non-Japanese model to a Japanese one, but you'll basically have a new device, everything including original books will be changed. And then you can add those add-ons.

Casio Japan reply:
残念ながら、海外でご購入された電子辞書に、国内で販売しております追加コンテンツは使用できません。海外機種に追加コンテンツ機狽フ仕様がなかったり、国内機種の場合、日本語のOSのPCのみに対応しているためです。

Casio China reply (literally the same contents):
非常抱歉,在日本销售的外部辞书不剥ン非日本销售的电子辞典上使用。这是由于在日本地区以外销售的电子辞典,目前没有追加辞书的功煤B另外该功仅针对日文操作系统的电脑。
by Boukyakujin rate this post as useful

reply to this thread