Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Good sushi bar near Tsukiji Market? 2012/6/5 19:28
Tuna auction sound nice....but I'm interested in eating tuna!
Where is there a good place for fresh fish in the area-early is not a problem?
Thanks!
by UTADAlover  

Re: Good sushi bar near Tsukiji Market? 2012/6/5 22:57
Inside the Tsukiji fish market there are small sushi bars all over - I think you should just pick one. I first went to the Tuna auction and then moved on to get some sushi for breakfast. The first one I decided to go was already full, so I just took the next one, and I had the best sushi of my life, including a really really great tuna!
by JapAHV rate this post as useful

... 2012/6/6 00:03
Just look for the queues!

I think Sushi Dai and Daiwa Sushi at Tsukiji are the two most popular ones.

Google the above for more info.

Expect to wait 1-2 hours.

Plenty of others nearby too of course if you don't wish to wait.

Enjoy your maguro!
by GC3 rate this post as useful

Re: Good sushi bar near Tsukiji Market? 2012/7/12 18:07
The lines vary with when you get there. I got there around 8 and the line for Sushi Dai was pretty long, but Daiwa Sushi was line free. So we went to Daiwa Sushi. If you're going after the tuna auction I expect the lines will be longer and at both places.
by Nordicguy rate this post as useful

Re: Good sushi bar near Tsukiji Market? 2012/10/6 17:06
Here are some good sushi restaurants if Sushi Dai and Daiwa Sushi lines are too long.

http://foodsaketokyo.wordpress.com/2011/07/08/where-to-have-sushi-at-t...
by YukariSakamoto rate this post as useful

Re: Good sushi bar near Tsukiji Market? 2012/10/6 17:52
In the first place,
the restaurants at Tsukiji-market have made trade
with workers/drivers in the market, not visitors.
So they open/close very early, take care.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urnNVcRWU8Y
by ajapaneseboy rate this post as useful

Re: Good sushi bar near Tsukiji Market? 2012/10/9 02:19
The sushi restaurants in and around Tsukiji Market serve the best sushi, imo. The waiting time for lunch can be crazy, sometimes up to 2 hours. The places I have been to are just one room sushi bars, small and packed. Again, the sushi and sashimi makes the wait worth it.
by AMaji rate this post as useful

Re: Good sushi bar near Tsukiji Market? 2012/10/9 03:11
Those sushi restaurants for workers are fresh, cheap and great as they know the taste. But be aware you need to go with the flow and know what to order and prepare for fast turn around and counter seating.
If you don't know what to order and quick eating, stay away from them as the owner and the hurried workers will frown on you, not a typical foreigner friendly place.
by amazinga (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Good sushi bar near Tsukiji Market? 2012/10/21 22:02
I've eaten lots of sushi and sashimi and when I saw Sushi Dai and it's rival's prices at like 3500 Yen for a plate, I balked - and walked - to the outside market where for around 1300 yen total for 2 we had our fill of delicious sashimi and excellent service.

But hey - most people want the kudos of being able to say you went there and lined up and waited 2 hours, after which time you'll feel obliged to say it was worth the wait.

For me, no delay and delicious elsewhere nearby for a fraction of the price of the 'famous' ones suits me just fine.
by frank (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2012/10/22 09:46
to the outside market where for around 1300 yen total for 2 we had our fill of delicious sashimi and excellent service

Did you take a photo or note the name of this restaurant? Was it sashimi or sushi? 650 yen for your fill of sashimi sounds like a bargain that I'm sure many people would be interested in.

by GC3 rate this post as useful

Re: Good sushi bar near Tsukiji Market? 2012/10/22 15:25
I would recommend any of the branches of Zanmai in the Outer Market for good sushi at a reasonable price:

http://www.bento.com/searchg.php?q=tsukiji%20zanmai
by Umami Dearest rate this post as useful

reply to this thread