Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Buying handheld game for long train-ride 2012/6/9 18:46
I've seen many people reading books, manga, or playing games on the train during my nearly 2-hour commute into Tokyo.

I want to buy a psp now that it has been succeeded by the ps-vita.

Since it's an outdated model I was expected something cheap but the price in Japan is still around 200$ US.

In America this device sells for only 120$.
I also want the NA version because I know it will be in English and comfortable for me to use.

However, I can't find any online retailer that sells American things that will ship it to Japan. Amazon, Walmart, and even the Sony store just redirect me to their Japanese site (but i want the american version) or refuse to ship it.

How can I get this device to Japan??
by bamf  

Re: Buying handheld game for long train-ride 2012/6/10 11:52
Get a friend/relative to buy one and ship it to you?
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Buying handheld game for long train-ride 2012/6/12 18:51
Too bad you can't just use a Nintendo DS, which isn't region-locked and can play pretty much everything without worrying about language probs. If you have an English game, it'll play it. If you have a Japanese game, it'll play it, etc. Sucks later models don't have that same luxury and are region locked.
by SSJ Jup81 rate this post as useful

Re: Buying handheld game for long train-ride 2012/6/12 23:31
you would be best off buying one from the US and getting it shipped over. The strong yen is making everything expensive to foreigners. Even with shipping it will work out cheaper.
by pete (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Buying handheld game for long train-ride 2012/6/14 12:59
you could buy a used one from a place like book-off

i've seen them as low as 5000yen in some book off shops. 3ds's in there as well for decent prices!
by winterwolf (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread