Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Is nattokinase safe while breastfeeding? 2012/6/14 04:10
Is nattokinase safe while breastfeeding?
by Girl Powwer (guest)  

Re: Is nattokinase safe while breastfeeding? 2012/6/14 17:55
That is a question for a doctor, or Maternal health nurse.
by fmj (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Is nattokinase safe while breastfeeding? 2012/6/15 00:30
What does your research say and what is your concern?
Japanese have been eating Natto for many hundred years.
by amazinga (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Is nattokinase safe while breastfeeding? 2012/6/15 08:16
Natto isn't like drinking alcohol in terms of effects on babies when in the womb or breastfeeding. The benefits will pass on to your baby as you feed them, I'm sure.
by Mogtaki rate this post as useful

Re: Is nattokinase safe while breastfeeding? 2012/6/15 11:04
You guys are getting Natto and Nattokinase confused. They are not the same thing. Nattokinase is an extract of Natto available in pill form as a health supplement. I suspect that, like natto, it will not be harmful to a pregnancy, but I would go with fmj's advice and consult with your OB to be sure.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Is nattokinase safe while breastfeeding? 2012/6/15 12:01
If I remember, a Japanese TV producer was fired after airing that Nattokinase was effective in blood thinning. I saw the show.
There is no conclusive medical evidence.
Have natto. It is good for you but you can not eat too much anyway.
by amazinga (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Is nattokinase safe while breastfeeding? 2012/6/16 07:09
I have had a look around on Japanese sites and found advice ranging from "don't take it in excess while breastfeeding or pregnant" and "consult with a doctor before taking" to "should not be taken by pregnant, or breastfeeding women".

Basically I'd say that like with many things, there haven't been studies done, so although it is probably safe no-one can say for sure. If you're not in Japan your doctor probably won't be familiar with nattokinase- just a guess though.

It's certainly fine to eat natto while pregnant or breastfeeding- I have been!
by Sira (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread