Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

No Sake in Sushi bars/restuarant 2012/6/19 17:48
Supz... for the food section..... are you guys able to recommened any stores/restaurants/small shops that serve Sushi without the mixture of Sake which my friends went before and tried.... but for me i just want plain sushi if have.
by Mzbarz (guest)  

Re: No Sake in Sushi bars/restuarant 2012/6/20 08:14
Sushi without the mixture of Sake which my friends went before and tried

Mixture of sake? I have no idea what you mean. I am not aware of a single sushi restaurant that serves sushi with a mixture of sake. Lots of restaurants have a menu with alcoholic drinks, but none of them will force you to drink any. Tea is the most common drink served with sushi.

My suspicion is that your friend had really strange "sushi" somewhere outside of Japan. Or could it be that you confuse sake with sushi vinegar which is used to prepare sushi rice? Again, it might have been a bad sushi restaurant using a wrong type of vinegar.

Also, in what location in the world you are looking for a sushi restaurant?
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: No Sake in Sushi bars/restuarant 2012/6/20 08:58
Supz... for the food section..... are you guys able to recommened any stores/restaurants/small shops that serve Sushi without the mixture of Sake which my friends went before and tried.... but for me i just want plain sushi if have.

Do you need to avoid alcohol due to a dietary restriction? Sake or Mirin (sweet cooking sake) is sometimes used to season sushi rice. Not all restaurants use mirin or sake in their recipe, but I think it would be impossible to tell which places do without asking the sushi chef.

Also by "plain sushi", do you mean sushi made with unseasoned rice, or sashimi (raw fish w/o rice)? Also consider donbori (rice bowls), which are made with raw fish over plain, unseasoned rice.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

... 2012/6/20 09:31
If you are after sushi then I highly recommend a visit to Tsukiji Fish Markets and then go to one of the many Sushi Bars located within the market area. You will often have to queue for one hour or so for the popular ones but there are other choices if you don't wish to queue for so long.
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e3021.html

Enjoy your sushi!
by GC3 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread